• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I finally got mine to the range yesterday. I ran it on a pistol lower but am going to get it pinned and welded as soon as I can. I’m impressed. It feels good and there were zero issues. I’m using an older Eotech XPS2 and like the combination.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I finally got mine to the range yesterday. I ran it on a pistol lower but am going to get it pinned and welded as soon as I can. I’m impressed. It feels good and there were zero issues. I’m using an older Eotech XPS2 and like the combination.

Mine is at Allen’s getting a little color. Not sure if it’ll end up with a uh1 or a 1-8.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I’m trying to decide if I dump all my Black Friday money into this or spread it around.

Everything is in the “want” category instead of “need” so that’s not helping.

I don’t have any piston uppers and I had been previously looking at PWS. I’m guessing this is pretty high up in quality as well.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m trying to decide if I dump all my Black Friday money into this or spread it around.

Everything is in the “want” category instead of “need” so that’s not helping.

I don’t have any piston uppers and I had been previously looking at PWS. I’m guessing this is pretty high up in quality as well.

Only ten left in stock with this group. Don’t know if they have another lot after this one or not.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I resisted for a while finally broke down and bought one. I've never had a piston AR, but I've heard they are good suppressed.

I'll pin a YHM QD brake to it.

We shall see how it goes.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Any idea if the forearm can be replaced with something lighter? Or maybe AllenM could trim it down and refinish it for me.... if I buy one.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Any idea if the forearm can be replaced with something lighter? Or maybe AllenM could trim it down and refinish it for me.... if I buy one.
    A quick search looks like Lancer made a carbon fiber handguard. For some reason I can't get to their website, but found plenty of chatter from a few years back. Looks like they're still available from Optics Planet (possibly others?), but not cheap and the extended version blocks the piston from coming out for service. They have a carbine length version also.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/lancer-replacement-handguard-for-sig-516.html

sig-516-carbon-F.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I hate you all, especially Kirk!

I just bought the last one. Planning on pinning and welding a Dead Air QD on it or running as a pistol, either way on an INGO Lower. Might cut barrel down and SBR it, not sure yet.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just called Sig for the hell of it and asked the guy if they were releasing any more of these uppers. He sent me his contact information and said they have “a few” left but you need to call him directly to order them as they are off the website now.

If you want one, get after it! Contact info attached.

Attachments

• E0FC75B2-DA79-44BE-BE6D-8A0A9A7C5373.jpg
      E0FC75B2-DA79-44BE-BE6D-8A0A9A7C5373.jpg
      83 KB · Views: 39

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Does it come with a Milspec charging handle or ambi handle like the ones from the complete 516 Gen2 rifles.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom