• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    :+1:

I usually get BCM, but the last time I tried a Radian Ambi and really like it.

I have BCMs on the Colt 6940s, the SIG516s, the LWRCIs and the 1 FrankenAR that I have. On the Colt M6721s (the old AR-15A3) I have those Swampfox Tomahawks so I have the Gieselle Super handles on those so I can lock it open with the strong hand on the right side.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I run the BCMs on everything except the vintage ARs with the exception of a gas buster on the 300BO suppressed one. Need to order one for this now too.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just wondering, has anyone received tracking information for the most recent purchases? I received an order confirmation but nothing since Sunday.

I placed my order Sunday night and got tracking information this morning. The label has been created but it hasn’t started moving yet so I don’t have a delivery date.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    A quick search looks like Lancer made a carbon fiber handguard. For some reason I can't get to their website, but found plenty of chatter from a few years back. Looks like they're still available from Optics Planet (possibly others?), but not cheap and the extended version blocks the piston from coming out for service. They have a carbine length version also.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/lancer-replacement-handguard-for-sig-516.html

sig-516-carbon-F.jpg

Both carbine and extended length are available at your link. Here's Lancer's web page (although it doesn't picture the extended length model you show it does show the carbine length):

https://lancer-systems.com/awc/product/sig516-handguard/

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    F4E7FDA5-4C96-4EF7-A06A-FAE5638BAD41.jpg

Received mine on Friday, found out the muzzle thread is lacking of the relief. Not sure how the YHM QD mount would fit over it since it has a chamfered thread. I may add a shim pack when I’m ready to pin/weld it.
    46ECF519-0C01-4DC7-9A2F-76F45D389A1E.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got my upper receiver earlier today. Like everyone has said, this is a very high-quality piece. It also is quite heavy and makes one realize why quad rails have gone out of fashion. I definitely see a carbon handguard in the works for this upper.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ran 30 rounds suppressed through mine today, the first I've shot it since the pin/weld job and it was SUPER soft shooting. That puts my round count at 100 total. I felt like I could sit there all day long and slowly squeeze that Larue trigger round after round. I am very pleased with how it came out.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ran 30 rounds suppressed through mine today, the first I've shot it since the pin/weld job and it was SUPER soft shooting. That puts my round count at 100 total. I felt like I could sit there all day long and slowly squeeze that Larue trigger round after round. I am very pleased with how it came out.

Sweet. I’d love to spend a day with a case or two of ammo one a nice range with this gun. They are a breeze to clean afterwards too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sweet. I’d love to spend a day with a case or two of ammo one a nice range with this gun. They are a breeze to clean afterwards too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree on the cleaning part. Like you mentioned before, removing the piston and cleaning everything is very easy.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Haven’t shot my 516 upper yet but I have a question regarding the adjustable gas block...

The gas block does not appear to have a detent for the off position, only for adverse, normal, and suppressed modes. Rotating the gas valve to what would be the off position (90° clockwise as viewed from front) leaves the valve free to continue turning another 90° clockwise which is the removal position for cleaning.

There are several manuals online including a GEN2 manual which shows a three position valve for adverse, normal, and off modes rather than adverse, normal, and suppressed modes for the PDW model.

Can anyone shed any light on this? The off mode would be really nice to have if available. I wonder if Sig would sell the part which allows this? (Probably not...)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Haven’t shot my 516 upper yet but I have a question regarding the adjustable gas block...

The gas block does not appear to have a detent for the off position, only for adverse, normal, and suppressed modes. Rotating the gas valve to what would be the off position (90° clockwise as viewed from front) leaves the valve free to continue turning another 90° clockwise which is the removal position for cleaning.

There are several manuals online including a GEN2 manual which shows a three position valve for adverse, normal, and off modes rather than adverse, normal, and suppressed modes for the PDW model.

Can anyone shed any light on this? The off mode would be really nice to have if available. I wonder if Sig would sell the part which allows this? (Probably not...)
    I noticed this also and thought it was strange. I wonder why they did that for this upper and not others.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    IMG_3437.JPG

Pined and welded a YHM QD yesterday and took it out today. Very consistent smooth shooter right out of the gate. Stayed on the smallest gas hole setting, made a nice pile of brass at 4 o'clock with the can.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Very nice mcapo... is that a lighting issue or is the color something from Allen?

Thanks...the furniture is Daniel Defense MilSpec+ with some color matching by the master aka AllenM. The color matches really well but the flash picks up the texture difference from the metal to the poly pieces and the DD color is not 100% uniform from piece to piece. I wanted something a little different for this one...

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks...the furniture is Daniel Defense MilSpec+ with some color matching by the master aka AllenM. The color matches really well but the flash picks up the texture difference from the metal to the poly pieces and the DD color is not 100% uniform from piece to piece. I wanted something a little different for this one...

Really nice rig, Bandit ! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom