• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This whole thing makes me sick. Little bastage was on house arrest (a huge plus for a POS like him) and he is getting what many (everyone I know anyway) feel is a near pass on "Cold Blooded Murder"

WTF has happened to our "Justice" system

Regardless of why he is lost to society the truth remains.....he is lost.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    This case just boils my blood. I kept hearing his sentence on the radio news yesterday, and each time I had to change the station out of frustration. Too bad Trapuzzano can't get his life back in 25-55 years.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Death to murderers. Why is that so hard? I don't care about rehabilitation, as recidivism rates for the executed are currently hovering around 0%. I don't care about deterrence. If you really want to deter murder, then executions should be public again. But if another criminal is deterred, then that is just a happy byproduct of justice. And that is what I do care about. Justice. What our legal system has effectively said, is that Nathan Trapuzzano's life is only worth 25-55 years of Simeon Adams' life. A decent, law-abiding father's life is not nearly as important as that of a teenage killer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Death to murderers. Why is that so hard? I don't care about rehabilitation, as recidivism rates for the executed are currently hovering around 0%. I don't care about deterrence. If you really want to deter murder, then executions should be public again. But if another criminal is deterred, then that is just a happy byproduct of justice. And that is what I do care about. Justice. What our legal system has effectively said, is that Nathan Trapuzzano's life is only worth 25-55 years of Simeon Adams' life. A decent, law-abiding father's life is not nearly as important as that of a teenage killer.

Who stalked him with all intent of ending him.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This whole thing makes me sick. Little bastage was on house arrest (a huge plus for a POS like him) and he is getting what many (everyone I know anyway) feel is a near pass on "Cold Blooded Murder"

WTF has happened to our "Justice" system

Regardless of why he is lost to society the truth remains.....he is lost.

It looks like he is getting the presumptive sentence on murder, as set by our legislature. While I agree that in this case LWOP is completely deserved, Curry is probably correct that it is highly unlikely he would have gotten sentenced to it at the end of a trial. The standard for LWOPing someone that young is all but insurmountable these days.

If you are sick of the scam that is sentencing and credit time in Indiana, pick up the phone and call or write your legislators. They are the ones we elected and they are the ones who reduced a ton of serious crime sentencing ranges last year. They are the one's still clinging to the "credit time" system where every sentence is a lie on its face.

For example: Johnson County prosecutor slams "hug a thug" legislation as Gree - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Eligible for 168 years last year, eligible for 57 this year.

At the end of the day, all the complaining the world doesn't matter unless you make those complaints know to our elected representatives.

I didn't know Nate Trapuzzano personally but our circle of friends overlapped as we attended the same church. I can say without hesitation he was a truly good man and we are lesser for having lost him. Don't forget him and don't remember him only for how he died. His life was an exceptional one and one to be celebrated.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It looks like he is getting the presumptive sentence on murder, as set by our legislature. While I agree that in this case LWOP is completely deserved, Curry is probably correct that it is highly unlikely he would have gotten sentenced to it at the end of a trial. The standard for LWOPing someone that young is all but insurmountable these days.

If you are sick of the scam that is sentencing and credit time in Indiana, pick up the phone and call or write your legislators. They are the ones we elected and they are the ones who reduced a ton of serious crime sentencing ranges last year. They are the one's still clinging to the "credit time" system where every sentence is a lie on its face.

For example: Johnson County prosecutor slams "hug a thug" legislation as Gree - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Eligible for 168 years last year, eligible for 57 this year.

At the end of the day, all the complaining the world doesn't matter unless you make those complaints know to our elected representatives.

I didn't know Nate Trapuzzano personally but our circle of friends overlapped as we attended the same church. I can say without hesitation he was a truly good man and we are lesser for having lost him. Don't forget him and don't remember him only for how he died. His life was an exceptional one and one to be celebrated.

Agreed. Once again, the buck stops with our elected government. Sadly, one would hope the Republicans would have done a better job with this. I fail to see what my vote for them has accomplished.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed. Once again, the buck stops with our elected government. Sadly, one would hope the Republicans would have done a better job with this. I fail to see what my vote for them has accomplished.

Agreed and not much.

They are immune to our cry's for freedom/justice.

Top Bottom