• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Case in point; I show up drunk with friends to my local Meijer. I act like a goof, picking up phones and paging inappropriate things, surfing the penny pony up front, etc.

This was a fairly detailed event to the local Meijer store Camera.. I’m not going to ask if this actually was an event that has occurred in your life. If so, I would like to accompany you to the local bar and a Meijer.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Case in point; I show up drunk with friends to my local Meijer. I act like a goof, picking up phones and paging inappropriate things, surfing the penny pony up front, etc.

This was a fairly detailed event to the local Meijer store Camera.. I’m not going to ask if this actually was an event that has occurred in your life. If so, I would like to accompany you to the local bar and a Meijer.

My attorney has advised me not to answer that question.

But whatcha doin next friday? :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not disagreeing with you, but without a report via LEO, how do you prove you trespassed a citizen when they return?...

"Two weeks ago, I told this guy to leave an never come back and that if he came back, he would be trespassing and filled out an incident report with his description, but i remember that this was the guy."

So, now assuming it happened, you can either remain silent or lie (which is frequently the other option besides staying silent).

Jury decides who to believe.

Better yet: "See this security video, that guy right there?...."

I've tried more than a few cases and he said/whoever said is an element to just about all of them. This is why we have trials.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I miss the "good 'ole days" when the shopkeep would literally post your picture and name on the door or at the register with a NOT WELCOME for {insert reason} sign. Embarrass the hell out of the person, and if they want it down, they need to work it out with the proprietor. Trespass was simple. If your pic was up, and a cop was called, off you go.

One of the last independent grocery stores in Crawfordsville used to have a wall with photos of all of the people who wrote bad checks, got caught shoplifting, or were otherwise unwelcome on the premises. It was awesome!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    But how do they prove you know you arent welcome?

Case in point; I show up drunk with friends to my local Meijer. I act like a goof, picking up phones and paging inappropriate things, surfing the penny pony up front, etc. and then walk out as security confronts me. All caught on video. Where is the proof that security told me I was trespassed and subject to arrest upon my return? (assuming all the cameras are video only, no audio.) At that point its the manager's word against mine. "Officer, I dont recall that interaction." or "I recall he told me to go home and nothing else." I dont know of any reasonable LEO that would take that as gospel and arrest on the word of a manager.

Well, except Frank. But he'd just curb stomp me and tell me to crawl home.
    :):

I am amused that you think we believe that's just a hypothetical. WE SEE THROUGH YOU!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Beside the OC vs. Private Property Rights, Simon Mall, crappy stores, crappy prices, crappy food, and crappy Rent a Cops that don't like being educated.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Beside the OC vs. Private Property Rights, Simon Mall, crappy stores, crappy prices, crappy food, and crappy [STRIKE]Rent a Cops[/STRIKE] babysitters that don't like being educated.

FIFY. Unarmed security is not security. Its a babysitter.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I personally would love to see legislation limiting private property rights for public venues. Or, holding them financially responsible for any and all injuries suffered by not allowing folks the right to protect themselves since they don't provide armed, trained security.

The argument they all use is liability reasons... Well, let's make them liable then!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would never support further degrading private property rights. I think there has been too much damage done already. If someone doesn't want me in their place wearing a coat in the winter, that should be up to them. I don't have to go there.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I personally would love to see legislation limiting private property rights for public venues. Or, holding them financially responsible for any and all injuries suffered by not allowing folks the right to protect themselves since they don't provide armed, trained security.

The argument they all use is liability reasons... Well, let's make them liable then!
    Feel free to sue them, see how that goes. What's a "public venue"? if I open a restaurant, why do I not have the right to allow who I want there?

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

So you're for freedom just not when it pertains to something you don't agree with? Seems to be a popular trend these days.

Top Bottom