Since when is 9mm FMJ going for $.40/round?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If 9mm ball hits a buck a round, I will be dumping a ton of 1,000 rd cans of Win Nato 9mm on gun broker. I paid 189.00 shipped...

Right now I wouldn't see it as gouging but more doing people a service to offer it up at $.40/round. I'm not so thin on inventory that I'd pay that much but if you would have asked me a month ago I would have considered it. I saw the demand skyrocket and realized my stock pile was thin at a bad time. I lucked into a couple short lived deals at old prices so I'm not doing bad now.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Right now I wouldn't see it as gouging but more doing people a service to offer it up at $.40/round. I'm not so thin on inventory that I'd pay that much but if you would have asked me a month ago I would have considered it. I saw the demand skyrocket and realized my stock pile was thin at a bad time. I lucked into a couple short lived deals at old prices so I'm not doing bad now.

Like Kirk said, when its cheap, stack it deep.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    A co-worked just stated he picked up 8 boxes of 9mm at Bare Arms in Noblesville during lunch for the low down price of $22.99 a box of 50 for FMJ..... Ouch!

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    How depressing. Near me 9mm is nearing $1 a round and .22LR is over 10 cents a round at least. And it's not going to get any better.

With the help of the membership, there's been some sweet ammo scores picked up for 9mm in the sub .30/rd range. Look a couple post up from yours for the latest deal. (Snorko)
    Follow the "Get your ammo here" thread, ya gotta act fast, but you'll not need spend $1/rd for 9mm.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Saw someone asking $500 for a case of 1000 fmj 115gr 9mm....

Checked gun.deals and lowest price I saw for non-reloads was $.40/round

I have no need right now, but is 9mm sold out everywhere? What? Why? Lol

[h=2]No end in sight[/h] Some industry experts estimate that we won't see a return to normal inventory levels for 12 months, even when assuming a Republican presidential victory in November. Normal inventory is defined as being able to buy as much as ammo as you want and can afford from the internet or your local retailer. Worse yet, prices may not return to pre-COVID levels for an up to 12 months after that. The long term disruption to the supply chain tends to result in increased costs for manufacturers which will get passed on to the consumer until we see a full economic recovery. Unless one of the factors causing massive demand suddenly changes or disappears, we can expect to see increased prices and rationing for some time to come.

from: https://www.recoilweb.com/why-is-the-ammo-gone-162059.html

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    If you are patient, you can find occasional deals with some of the ammo websites. I locked in on .35 cents per round. Didn't get greedy and only ordered 300.
    Great time to focus on dry fire drills and just be a bit more frugal.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Apparently, timing is everything. I bought 300 rds of Aguila 9mm at the Greenwood Rural King about 8:30 this morning. They had a grand total of 4 boxes of 300 rds each and had just put them out. $66 out the door. If I was "that guy", I would've bought all of it but I'm not and he's probably been there by now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, for frickin' years: "You guys should be stockpiling ammo, magazines and lowers."

INGO: "I cannot not find cheap ammo, my rights, my rights, meyyyeeee rrrryyyyeeeetttts!"

Kirk:

giphy.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Rural King/Wal-Mart/Try N Save/Jimmy Joe's Bait Shoppe is NOT part of your ammo supply storage.

When you NEED ammo, you will not be able to go get it. Buy it cheap, stack it deep. I know, you ignored me then, you will ignore me now, but I have been telling ya.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Rural King/Wal-Mart/Try N Save/Jimmy Joe's Bait Shoppe is NOT part of your ammo supply storage.

When you NEED ammo, you will not be able to go get it. Buy it cheap, stack it deep. I know, you ignored me then, you will ignore me now, but I have been telling ya.

Walmart stopped selling handgun / rifle ammo (they had the best prices on 9mm)

I think I'll keep a standard 5k supply of 9mm from now on :rockwoot:

Top Bottom