single-stack 9mm for small-handed shooter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    CS9 is another option. Being the DAO nut that I am, mine are a couple of CS9D's that took a little luck to run down. The size differential between the CS9 and the 3953 is miniscule and I really prefer the 3953. One more round, the trigger's a little better and it looks better to my eye. The Chief's Special does have second strike capability but I really don't see that as much of a benefit. I was hoping the CS9 was enough smaller than the 3953 to be useful for pocket carry, but not in any of my pockets. If it's gonna ride a holster it might just as well be a 3953.

Attachments

• CS9D KSG (1) (Small).jpg
      CS9D KSG (1) (Small).jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 8

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    CS9 is another option. Being the DAO nut that I am, mine are a couple of CS9D's that took a little luck to run down. The size differential between the CS9 and the 3953 is miniscule and I really prefer the 3953. One more round, the trigger's a little better and it looks better to my eye. The Chief's Special does have second strike capability but I really don't see that as much of a benefit. I was hoping the CS9 was enough smaller than the 3953 to be useful for pocket carry, but not in any of my pockets. If it's gonna ride a holster it might just as well be a 3953.

I have a 15 Jetta TDI and use to carry my 3913 in the center console. The only bad thing was that every time you lifted the arm rest it would have to go back down and smash the back of the gun making it difficult to re-lock the rest in its upright position. I've seen a few CS9's on GB and would think the dimensions are similar to the SCCY CPX which allows me to shut my console. I would like to be able to open shut and lift to upright position in case I park and want no one to see what I may have in the center. Other than that I love my 3rd gen smiths. I would like to add a 39-2, 5926, 4516, and a645 to the mix but finding a decent one these days keeps getting harder. In the mean time my LCR 38 fits the bill for center console duty.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Here's the 3954 with the CS9D, both with KSG wood grips. Not a whole lot of difference in size.

Attachments

• KSG Grips  (2).jpg
      KSG Grips (2).jpg
      211.6 KB · Views: 4

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Well I bought a Smith and Wesson Shield 9mm! Trigger reach is a BIT closer for me. Honestly not the dramatic difference I was hoping for...but it will be a WHOLE lot easier to pack around than my XDm.

Top Bottom