Single Stack 9mm Option Finally Filled - Bersa BP9cc (full thoughts)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    It the original write up I state I think the LC9s has a slightly better trigger....I have to admit I disagree now. This Bersa's trigger breaks so clean and without a wall that even if the LC9s trigger may lbs wise be less (not sure if so or not) the BP's is so much crisper.

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I agree with your thoughts on the BP9CC. I've said it many times...if Lay-z-boy chairs ever made a trigger, it would be on the BP9CC. I have never shot a striker fired pistol with a nicer trigger. Even pressure, clean break and a better reset. It is also a natural point and shoot gun for me. In defensive reaction drills, I'm very accurate without aiming down the sights. As for CC, It's one of the slimmest at .94", all edges are rounded to prevent snags, the mag release is stiff to reduce accidental release and I can fit my pinky.

Only downside for me is the mag release/trigger disconnect. It can have fte/ftl issues if limp-wristed (wife) but I always push into my shots and it's only done to me when I demonstrate to my wife on "how not to shoot".

I recently switched to a PPS M2 as it seems to be a natural extension of my hand, especially in close, defensive drills but I still love the BP9CC.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    I agree with your thoughts on the BP9CC. I've said it many times...if Lay-z-boy chairs ever made a trigger, it would be on the BP9CC. I have never shot a striker fired pistol with a nicer trigger. Even pressure, clean break and a better reset. It is also a natural point and shoot gun for me. In defensive reaction drills, I'm very accurate without aiming down the sights. As for CC, It's one of the slimmest at .94", all edges are rounded to prevent snags, the mag release is stiff to reduce accidental release and I can fit my pinky.

Only downside for me is the mag release/trigger disconnect. It can have fte/ftl issues if limp-wristed (wife) but I always push into my shots and it's only done to me when I demonstrate to my wife on "how not to shoot".

I recently switched to a PPS M2 as it seems to be a natural extension of my hand, especially in close, defensive drills but I still love the BP9CC.

Definitely agree! I get many inquiries while working the range as to what I'm wearing (when I have the Bersa on) and I always get the "Oh...a Bersa..." look and I proceed to let them shoot it and every single person likes it, most love it and many are amazed it doesn't have a bigger following.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Just wanted to amend and add to the original post: I actually picked up a 2nd Bersa even and since have sold my first one. The one I picked up is the duo tone and is the one I've been primarily shooting of late. from the round estimation of the seller combined with me this pistol has seen well over 1500 rounds fired, never have had a misfeed and had one primer strike not go off (Aguila) that did fire the second time through mag at range.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Looks like the factory designated repair center is Colorado Gun Works in Lyons, IN, so that might be a plus if you ever need work done.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    I like my S&W 3906 it may be built like a tank and a little big for IWB but it is dead nutz accurate.

The two things you listed are exactly why it was not included in my list to check out (which was big). It is a good solid gun don't get me wrong, much love, but doesn't fit in the category I was looking to fill.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The two things you listed are exactly why it was not included in my list to check out (which was big). It is a good solid gun don't get me wrong, much love, but doesn't fit in the category I was looking to fill.

I found a B square mount and plan on turning it into a bullseye pistol. I would carry in a shoulder holster during the winter but now that I have a LCR I carry year round I decided to take advantage of its accuracy.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    God write up. Even though I am a shield owner and really like mine, I'm glad to see people aren't just blindly following the groupthink found on the forums. There are good firearms out there other than the ones people tend to flock to.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    God write up. Even though I am a shield owner and really like mine, I'm glad to see people aren't just blindly following the groupthink found on the forums. There are good firearms out there other than the ones people tend to flock to.

The Shield is one of the primary small 9mm guns we point people to at the range...especially those with hands which do not fit larger framed guns. The almost weird thing (in a good way) about the Shield (my Bersa to a small extent) is the wider than most grip really fills out the hand more than a lot of the smaller framed 9mm tend to do. Which is a great thing and is why I think a lot of folks like it, it doesn't feel as small as it is if that makes sense.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Hadn't been back on in a long time...but well over 2,000 rounds and trust the thing with my life.

Very good to hear about this gun. I try to recommend it to people who are looking for a slim 9mm for carry use. The Shield usually ends up being the front-runner, though, due to holster availability.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    What a great article!
    I just read it on Aug. 8th, and I started my journey in May looking for a proper small 9 to carry.
    I have a Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger LC9, and recently bought a Walther PPS (which I haven't had time to go to the range in 3 weeks).
    Sold a Sig Sauer 290RS, and will need to sell either the 709 or the LC9 to help pay for the Walther.
    I was going to buy either the Shield or the Glock 43, but someone here put me onto the Walther PPS and I great price of $300 came up so I had to try it out.
    I intend to go to the range and rent the Shield and the 43, and now I'll have to add the Bersa BP9 to my list: thanks! :laugh:

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    It has been a while since I added it but I'm no longer even recording round count....this thing has simply gained my full undoubted trust. I carry it more than my Glock19 due to size and dissolving nature of it. 100% has my faith and recommendation...

Top Bottom