Single Stack 9mm Option Finally Filled - Bersa BP9cc (full thoughts)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks for the update. I may need to pick up a small 9mm in the near future. Good to know that the BP9CC has worked well long term for you.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The one thing I didn't have was the small slender single stack 9mm that could dissolve IWB....

So I began shooting many, many different options for the better part of a year and a half. Kahr CM9 and CW9, Taurus 709, Sig 938 and 290, Ruger LC9s and LC9 (WORST TRIGGER EVER!), Kel Tec PF9, S&W Shield, Walther CCP and held the PPS (not a fan of feel), Beretta Nano and the one I was waiting on all along Glock 43. (**Addition: I did hold the XDS, but for some reason outside the Mod2's recently available I've never cared for XDs at all)
    This was a helpful post! I've only owned 40 S&W handguns but am thinking I should move to 9 for better control with my small hands and so my wife will also shoot it if necessary. Single stacks should be smaller though I'm sure there are some double-stacks that may still work fine (see my separate thread for that). I do like Glocks (have 23/27), but am also thinking I'd prefer to support USA manufacturers since none of my current handguns are of US origin. So it appears that means (discounting outfits like Taurus and Sig that apparently have some US plants):
    Kahr
    Kel-Tec
    Ruger
    S&W
    SCCY
    [STRIKE]Springfield[/STRIKE] (NVM - didn't know that XD series is made in Croatia)

Anyone missing aside from Colt, which I already know I don't want? FWIW, I am a southpaw but only intend to swap mags during a competition.

Last edited:

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    This was a helpful post! I've only owned 40 S&W handguns but am thinking I should move to 9 for better control with my small hands and so my wife will also shoot it if necessary. Single stacks should be smaller though I'm sure there are some double-stacks that may still work fine (see my separate thread for that). I do like Glocks (have 23/27), but am also thinking I'd prefer to support USA manufacturers since none of my current handguns are of US origin. So it appears that means (discounting outfits like Taurus and Sig that apparently have some US plants):
    Kahr
    Kel-Tec
    Ruger
    S&W
    SCCY
    [STRIKE]Springfield[/STRIKE] (NVM - didn't know that XD series is made in Croatia)

Anyone missing aside from Colt, which I already know I don't want? FWIW, I am a southpaw but only intend to swap mags during a competition.

Sadly I believe you have the list correct. My personal opinion only Ruger, S&W and maybe Kahr would get my research for fit personally....the others I'm not depending upon for my EDC.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I had considered that particular Bersa at one time. Hickok did a video on it and he liked it. I just didn't have any reason to replace my tiny Kahr CM9.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Sadly I believe you have the list correct. My personal opinion only Ruger, S&W and maybe Kahr would get my research for fit personally....the others I'm not depending upon for my EDC.
    While Kel-Tec seems to have some here that like some of their models at least, I agree that it and SCCY are near the bottom and I'm not considering them.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just reread this thread having even forgot that I had commented on it early in my journey for a search for a small 9mm.
    I ended up with a Shield 9mm, but having no dog in the fight, I would switch anytime I find one I like better.
    I simply forgot about it, and I just haven't run across a Bersa BP9CC in my journey yet.
    I bought my Shield 9 for $280 and these new are $340 at Hoosier Armory, so used, would be less than $300 as well.
    I wish the range had a Bersa to rent.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Just found this thread. I have a Glock 43. I waited until the 9mm version came out for Glock. Lots of my co-workers ran out and purchased the 42 but I knew that the 9mm would eventually come to market. I haven't shot it that much, maybe 200 rounds, 250. No issues that I can recall. I purchased a holster from Concealment Express for it through Amazon. The holster has a nice clip and the trigger protection and snugness are just right.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Little bit of a resurrection post I know, as I started it seemingly forever ago. The BersaBP9cc is still my single stack small framed carry gun of choice. I stopped round counting and haven't experienced an issue of any kind still with the workhorse.

Still easily has the best reset I've ever felt in a small framed 9mm.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Little bit of a resurrection post I know, as I started it seemingly forever ago. The BersaBP9cc is still my single stack small framed carry gun of choice. I stopped round counting and haven't experienced an issue of any kind still with the workhorse.

Still easily has the best reset I've ever felt in a small framed 9mm.

Unless a Grand Master is using it in high round count competition trigger reset is over rated. American made by American Companies and improving your skill set is more important. Just me.

Tynimiller

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Osceola
    Unless a Grand Master is using it in high round count competition trigger reset is over rated. American made by American Companies and improving your skill set is more important. Just me.

You do understand the opinion of the reset doesn't contradict anything you said nor was any kind of claim made?

Top Bottom