• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The one near Champaign-Urbana, IL is a nice place, my sister used to go there often and never had any trouble.

Of course that isn't in Indy or all that close. It was a place my sister really had a lot of fun at though.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I appreciate everyone's input. Lots of wisdom in these posts :)

We did go, and the clan got a safety briefing before (the daughters weren't glad about having to wear real shoes vs their slides that they usually wear when they go skating). When we got there, we found out that it wasn't a private event--it was open to the public for their Gospel Skate night--$1 tickets or a canned item. The parking lot was full and it was quite busy inside. But, all went well and we had a good time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

We did go, and the clan got a safety briefing before (the daughters weren't glad about having to wear real shoes vs their slides that they usually wear when they go skating). When we got there, we found out that it wasn't a private event--it was open to the public for their Gospel Skate night--$1 tickets or a canned item. The parking lot was full and it was quite busy inside. But, all went well and we had a good time.

Probably a bit different than the "Gansta SK8 Nite-Whoody Woo!: Featuring Lil Gold Shank". Lol

Glad you had a good time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Glad all went well.

That facility was a great place when it was built.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, if you think it's bait... you failed at not taking it. Calm down bro, it ain't that serious, just making light that those figures aren't exactly atypical in many places.

Still waiting for those stats...

:whistle:

Hey INGO, please raise your hand if you’d rather live near Skateland or Kut’s worst place in Carmel.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Still waiting for those stats...

:whistle:

Hey INGO, please raise your hand if you’d rather live near Skateland or Kut’s worst place in Carmel.

Care to guess how long you'll be waiting? Wait, have you're last two post in the yesterday and today, been specifically to troll me? I'm honored by the attention, but INGO's a great place with lots of other more interesting people. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Carmel doesn't seem to share crime data online through any of the services I can find. Wonder why?

Image... and I'm serious. I saw something online about assaults in the past year, and it list 5.... FIVE? That's ridiculous. I've a bunch of legit beatings over the years... a BUNCH... five is insanely laughable. We have an image, and it fiercely protected.

One battery I'll always remember, was a guy who got beat so bad with a hammer it broke! Broke a damn hammer.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

NO! My granddaughter had a school skate there a couple weeks ago and we wouldn't let her go. I'm not blind to what goes on there. During another shooting there, my boss and his daughter were dodging bullets in the parking lot and his car got shot. He said that's why he left the force, to be around for her. It's not a family place. Mine will never grace it's door step.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are they still open? I know they were as recently as a year or so ago. I used to skate there in grade school!

I have the same timeframe of reference as you. Took our kids there for a church youth group outing.

Had some roof issues at one time apparently and several smallish sections of the rink are unusable, but its 98% intact. (so you have to dodge some cones)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had Melody. Tht was the only place local for us and it was a great place. One of the best floors ever. 2 huge practice rinks. Saturday night was a Dnce after the skate session. Our band played there several times. What fun. What memory's.

There was at least 1 fist fight outside every Friday and Saturday night. No knives/guns just manoamano bare knuckles. And always over the same girls. What we as a society have devolved into. There are many reasons. Most we can not discuss here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have the same timeframe of reference as you. Took our kids there for a church youth group outing.

Had some roof issues at one time apparently and several smallish sections of the rink are unusable, but its 98% intact. (so you have to dodge some cones)
    Not sure about that... I think I've got more than a few years on ya, youngster... :): I'm talking late 1960's. But yeah, it's served many generations, for sure!

Top Bottom