• ...and so much more!
  • 03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Zach that's looks like a nice SKS.

I saw original 10 round mags for sale at buymilsurp. They're $40.00, FYI in case any of you guys have thought about throwing one out.

Not long ago Paducah Shooters Supply had a pretty nice SKS-M (with Monte Carlo stock) for $350.00

Last edited:

Kraor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Knox County
    I recently bought a chinese version and it is accurate with ironsights at 50 yards to about a 6 inch pattern... Love it. Smooth to shoot and cheap on the budget.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Zach that's looks like a nice SKS.

I saw original 10 round mags for sale at buymilsurp. They're $40.00, FYI in case any of you guys have thought about throwing one out.

Not long ago Paducah Shooters Supply had a pretty nice SKS-M (with Monte Carlo stock) for $350.00

Thank you. I believe that they are kind of rare to come across, but I could be wrong. It shoots excellent and I love the fact that my AK mags will work in it. I was a little suprised that my drum would not fit in it, but still nice that it works smooth with the 30rd mags.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Where can you buy a sks for ubder 250.00 now days..evrything is over 250.00

If you want to find an SKS carbine that's in good-to-very good original condition, complete and with matching numbers for that kind of money anymore, it's going to take some time, some serious searching and no little amount of luck.

Your best bet, IMHO, is running across somebody who's doing a "divorce" sale, garage sale, etc. and isn't particularly familiar with firearms. Or find somebody in dire enough need of immediate cash to be willing to take a semi-hosing to get it.

Don't mean to "pee in your Wheaties" or anything, but the days of dirt-cheap SKSes all over the place are long over and market demand sets the prices.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have been watching the SKS prices and very few are less than $300. I would love to pick up one for $200 and if I wait maybe the right deal will fall in my lap.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I was lucky enough to get my Yugo for $270 from a fellow INgoer about a month ago, and everyone I've seen in the store after that has been about $350

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have been watching the SKS prices and very few are less than $300. I would love to pick up one for $200 and if I wait maybe the right deal will fall in my lap.
    Yeah it is sad i bought my yugo sks about 7 years ago for $120 on sale plus whatever tax was at dunham's before i joined the marines glad i got on board before the prices jumped up however i wish i could say the same about my ak's they cost me a pretty penny and yet i still keep buying more of them

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    I like the Norinco for its price and chrome lined barrel. I've seen them several times in recent months for $275. Great rifle for multiple purposes: truck gun, cheap hunter, zombies, tactical tinker toy. I like many others wish I could go back in time and buy a crate of them for $75 each. If I were to point out a disadvantage, the SKS is not a great rifle for optics. You can make them work, but it gets expensive quickly and will never be as optics friendly as a AK-47 with side mounted rails. The brass deflectors and tap-your-own-receiver scope mounts are more work than they're worth when you compare the AK to the SKS.

Plenty of options for replacement stocks. The Tapco Intrafuse is excellent and the Tech sights are a great upgrade. My ideal configuration: SKS, Intrafuse stock, 20 round mag, & tech sights with a decent sling ~ $425 total for a great iron sight rifle.

One thing I love about this rifle is its incredible simplicity. If you want an armory of AK's or AR's you need a pile of mags to go with them. If you want an armory of SKS's, all you need is a box of stripper clips, that you can load in advance, and don't have springs that wear over time.

Triggers are variable. Do an internet search on SKS sear engagement. This is not a rifle you'll want to battle drill with loaded. I've had pretty good luck testing the triggers with a spent casing or dummunition. Creep = negative sear engagement = lots of work in your future. If you dig the idea of spending a Saturday afternoon with a vice and a file, you can improve the trigger greatly. If you're lucky, you'll find one that's smooth to begin with.

Top Bottom