• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I agree with Azserigan. The only time I have seen this happen is when the trigger pin was walking off. Be carefuprotrusion holel at a public range. I remember reading about a fellow shooter several years ago at a public range that had his AR fire off 2 or three rounds in full auto. An ATF agent was on the range and the guy was arrested and went to jail. I don't remember the outcome but I bet his legal fees were not trivial.

I have heard of hyperextended firing pins causing a problem or crud in the firing pin protrusion hole causing a full auto condition. I once had a savage 22 semi auto rifle that would split the firing pin around every 4000 rounds and go full auto. This would usually happen after reloading and chhambering a round. I surmised that the rifle didn't like firing on an empty chamber and as a result, the firing pin would eventually split. Be very careful!

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    High primer more than likely, when the primer isn't seated properly it gets hit when the bolt closes by the floating firing pin. Used to be a paper included with springfield M1A rifles about primer seating/slam fires. I believe it was written by a guy that shoots high power at Atterbury.

Top Bottom