• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    My parents have one. My mom's sleep number is stupid high (unless you prefer to sleep on a mattress made of 2x4's) and dad's is rather low.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have some serious back problems, so I did LOT of research before purchasing our current bed. Sleep number makes a decent product, and they advertise their warranty, but they often will substitute another significantly less comprehensive warranty when you take advantage of a promotion. Also while they've gotten better, they've suffered some serious quality issues in the past.

I ended up getting a Comfortaire IC900 dual twin mattresses with a Sleep Eeez base from Niagara Therapy in Fort Wayne. The mattress itself has a 6 inch thick foam base with surrounding supports that the air chamber sits on. One really nice thing about comforaire over sleep number is that the chambers are really edge to edge. (also on the chambers, sleep number air chambers have a cotton chamber lining that can mildew if moisture gets in through the pump) On top of the air chambers is a 2.75 inch latex foam. Then that whole package is wrapped in a "shell" with a pillow top and outside lined with bamboo fabric. I can adjust it from crazy soft to hard as a rock and really love it.

The base has built in massage motors and each side of the bed can be adjusted independently, and I've got to tell you that's a feature you don't really understand how much you appreciate until you get it. Being able to lift the head/feet in various positions really lets you get comfortable at night, and while I certainly won't go into any real detail here...having and adjustable bed can be handy for your marriage too. ;)

There are actually some newer releases from Comforaire that are even better, but ours is already good enough that there's no way I could justify the upgrade. We ended up spending $5,000 but we were in our early 30's when we got it and I expect it to last for a very long time. We have a soft silk moisture shield over the mattress under the sheet and they still look brand new.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My brother in law, and my in-laws have Tempurpedic's and my sister has
    a Sleep Number.

We had a bad mattress return to Menard's and bought a Serta Aurora memory gel foam mattress for 389.00. It has 6 inch base and 2 inch blue gel foam.

We have been sleeping on it for a year now and love it.

Now here's the great part, above I mentioned what my BIL, In-laws and sister have.

Well between Thanksgiving and Christmas my wife was recovering from major surgery, and to help me out during this time, My sister, sister-law and mother in law all stayed @ the house during this time and each of them had the occasion to sleep on it.

All three of them thought is was a Tempurpedic, so that peaked both of my brother in-laws and father in-law, they all had to take a nap on it.

So the general conciseness from the rest of the family is that they grossly over paid for their Tempurpedic's and Sleep Number, all 4 of my nieces and nephew now have one, and I'm getting a better quality of sleep than I have in years, and that includes the $2700.00 Spring Air mattress I bought in 01 that fell apart also after about 7 years of a 10 year warranty.

I never wake up during the night with my wife's repeated trips to the bathroom, and never feel my Border Collie pounce up and lay at the foot of the bed.

BTW, they've come out with a new thicker 12 inch version, and we are going to get that and move the current one into the guest bedroom.
    It's still a win win.

Oh, this box below is 2'x2'x3.5' and the mattress is compressed to about 1.25 inches thick and folded in half and then in the shape of a W.
    Takes a recommended minimum of 3 hours to expand in order to lay on.

428943_307385102692750_237165027_n.jpg

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    We have a Sleep Number bed and love it. My chronic back pain disappeared almost immediately. If you go to a sleep number store they put you on a bed and help you find your "number". Mine hasn't varied from that but my husband will adjust his by 5 either way.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    We have had the mattress for 9yrs with no problems.My wife likes A soft mattress. Her sleep number is 40. I want mine firm as possible. I sleep number is 100.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I may be late to this conversation....but the wife and i got one.

I was really unimpressed when it got here and i opened the boxes....$2,000.00 for a jigsaw puzzle plastic bed frame and two air mattresses......against my better judgement i put it all together.

We used it for about two weeks.....no good number for me, i tried all over soft and firm.

The wife thought it was ok, but would've rather tried a memory foam.

We boxed it up and sent it back, went out and spent $2,000.00 on a Sterns and Foster pillow top.....2 years later we still have it.

The mark up on sleep number beds has to be INCREDIBLE....cant cost but a couple hundred to manufacture those if even that.

:noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    We've had ours for nearly 15 years and I love it. It took my darling wife a while to get used to the idea that we had separate controls for each side of the bed and thereby almost separate beds but could still " share our bed". Other than that no problems. Great for my back.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I love ours. I almost sold it once when we moved thinking it wouldn't fit where we were going. Well, we are moving again and it will definitely not fit where we are going. I'll be in the market for a smaller one and selling the current one.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...elect_comfort_sleep_number_king_size_bed.html

I'm not sure the motor works that adjusts the shape of the bed. The adjustable firmness works fine though. PM with inquires.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    We've had ours for years. It still does the job. The only problem we've had is the numbers on the controller don't show up anymore but we can still adjusts the firmness. It doesn't leak because we hardly ever touch it. I like the fact that it doesn't settle or get lumpy over time. I can't say it really did anything for my back though. However, my back problem is sciatica, not a spinal alignment issue.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Bought ours bout 3 months ago, LOVE IT!!! My back feels much better since we've had it. They are a little pricey, but worth it.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Had mine for 8 years now, and love it. Don't know how long they usually last, but when the time comes, it'll be replaced with another Sleep Number.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have one as well. My wife loves it! I really dig it, too. Immensely better than a coil-spring mattress. If you are uncomfortable, have trouble sleeping, or back pain, then I'd recommend it.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Best bed we ever bought was a Somma tube type water bed and then added a layer of 4" memory foam to it.

It's held up for over 10 years without so much as a slight problem. We've never slept or recreated better on any style of bed.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    My wife and I bought ours about 6 months ago. It's a higher end one and I will make someone on INGO a great deal on it if they want it!!!! It's a King. Just wasn't right for us.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We bought one 5 or 6 years ago now. It was the best 2K I've ever spent. At the time we were looking at them, I was doing it as a courtesy to wifey. My younger brother has lower back issues and I have similar problems. Had he not told me that it was worth the money, I'd still be limping around a few days/week from sleeping on the wrong mattress.

Top Bottom