• ...and so much more!
  • El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    One of the truckers was interviewed on the news this morning, he said they were doing this to bring awarness to the public and to get public support.
    seems to me making drivers mad isn't a good way to gather public support for your cause.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So.... the tracking devices will no longer let them fudge log books, even when their employers "encourage" them to do so (by setting unrealistic travel times, and then penalizing drivers for not making the delivery). Can't blame the truckers for being annoyed. Feds on one side threatening to take their CDL, and employers on the other side threatening to take their $$$/jobs. Sucks.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It would seem that they would be able to litigate clawbacks by the employer. It sounds like the information would be fine-grained enough to present evidence of having done everything legally possible to make the delivery and pose the question of what more the employer thinks they should have done if they wish to find the driver at fault

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They were showing the protest on the noon news a few minutes ago and it appears that all things considered, it's being done with as little disruption as possible. They're staying in the right two lanes and allowing enough space for traffic to merge on and off the exits. They said traffic was moving a little slower than normal, but still mostly 50-55 mph (except for the trucks). Looked like they were single file in the footage I saw.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Seems like a good time to post this.
    [video=youtube;Sd5ZLJWQmss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am not seeing us (gun law protesters) blocking off traffic on a major interstate. Just saying.

They really aren't though CM. Not like the BLM protestors or Antifa. Especially now with 465 having 4 and sometimes 5 lanes in certain areas, it looked like for the most part the trucks were keeping to 1 right hand lane. I know 55 mph (what the "slowed" cars were doing) seems slow for 465 but I've seen it get a lot more backed up just from one dick that waits until he's 100 yards from his exit and decides to cross all 4 lanes to get there.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I just traveled around the northwest part of 465. 45mph, trucks in center and right lanes, 4 way flashers on, American flags flying, and honking horns. They left plenty of room to maneuver on and off ramps. They made their presence known with minimal traffic disruption, IMO. Traffic wasn’t moving too much slower than any other day from what I saw.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They really aren't though CM. Not like the BLM protestors or Antifa. Especially now with 465 having 4 and sometimes 5 lanes in certain areas, it looked like for the most part the trucks were keeping to 1 right hand lane. I know 55 mph (what the "slowed" cars were doing) seems slow for 465 but I've seen it get a lot more backed up just from one dick that waits until he's 100 yards from his exit and decides to cross all 4 lanes to get there.

I just read your post. Good on them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well I guess we're fortunate that they aren't destroying textile machinery in their protest.

(For those who miss the allusion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite)

tenor.gif

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If they really want change, they need to protest in a SMART way that gains the most public support.
    Not be stupid and roadblock innocent people and emergency response vehicles.

The BEST way to get me to NOT support them is to block my way.
    Wouldn't bother me a bit if they lost their CDL's for this nonsense.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If they really want change, they need to protest in a SMART way that gains the most public support.
    Not be stupid and roadblock innocent people and emergency response vehicles.

The BEST way to get me to NOT support them is to block my way.
    Wouldn't bother me a bit if they lost their CDL's for this nonsense.

But they really didn't block anything. Even the police are saying that they really didn't even disrupt the flow of traffic. If they stopped, blocking all lanes of 465, I would agree with you. But they were traveling at the minimum legal speed (heck, I've seen bluehairs do worse), allowing traffic to merge and exit without any problems, and leaving open the left 2 or 3 lanes for traffic to flow unimpeded. :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom