• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I have a P365X and a Glock 43X. Shoot better with the P365X and it is a more compact pistol holding more rounds without having to go aftermarket. Plus my Holosun fits directly to the slide with no $45 adapter plate needed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ruger, LC9s Pro. Safariland ALS OWB, or a pocket holster, or a Sneaky Pete depending on clothing and environment.

Anything smaller, I would carry, is probably going to be 380.
    Just understand a sneaky pete isnt really sneaky. Its obvious to anyone paying attention whats in it. :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    EDC in 9mm for me is a S&W Shield Plus. About the same footprint as a G26, but quite a bit thinner. Smallest I would go in 9mm would be a P365, but it's about as easy to carry my Shield Plus and I like it better. Smallest EDC that I have regardless of caliber is a Glock 42 .380, which I only carry on rare occasion.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    EDC in 9mm for me is a S&W Shield Plus. About the same footprint as a G26, but quite a bit thinner. Smallest I would go in 9mm would be a P365, but it's about as easy to carry my Shield Plus and I like it better. Smallest EDC that I have regardless of caliber is a Glock 42 .380, which I only carry on rare occasion.

The Glock 42 is so slim and easy to carry. Plus it shoots good. Much easier to handle and shoot then the the G43. Closest thing I have found to a true Jframe replacement. I liked my Glock 42 and found it following me around frequently. I had to sell it just so I would stop carrying that stupid .380. That and I don’t reload .380 so ammo was becoming right and expensive.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    The smallest I carry at present is a G48.

Smallest I’d go would be a G43 or a P365 if I was staying with 9mm. Any smaller and you suffer from insufficient capacity and difficulty in effectively controlling it for anything other than slow fire (which has very limited usefulness in a defensive situation) with my German-heritage sausage fingers. ;)

deerhunter414

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Kokomo
    Shield in a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra with quick clip for summer months when wearing just a t-shirt. Glock 19 in cooler months with a hoodie/jacket on...same model holster.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had the G26, in fact, just for fun I bought a .22LR conversion kit for it when one was on sale for $200, some years.
    I thought it was great, but I eventually found other guns that I liked better & have had many versions of the Shield & a few Sig 365 pistols.
    I have had all sizes of the Kahr & for when I need minimalistic printing I use the small
    CM9 with a 6 or 7 rd mag.
    I presently use a Shield Plus PC when I want a little larger CC.
    I still use small revolvers for CC & have a Ruger LCR 38 special & a Taurus 856 (6 rd) I keep in rotation.
    I try to justify keeping a "tuned up" CZ Rami by carrying it sometimes, haha!
    It's actually also my 2nd favorite range gun, after my "tuned up" CZ Shadow 2.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    The G43 is the smallest 9mm I’ll carry, the Colt Mustang is the smallest overall, and the G48 is my usual edc. My state is CC only and printing is touchy, so I don’t go larger than the G48 unless I’m wearing a button down.

Top Bottom