Small unit combat is EXACTLY like civilian self defense....right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So is that like a car accident then, Ranger Rick?

First off Kirk that was a beautiful, well articulated, and damn witty point by point take down of the gentleman's premise...

Second of all I still have my Ranger Rick member getter button....I got two of my buddies parents to sign them up...I still have my 12 issues of Ranger Rick Magazine...From 1976...

Trivia: In a vote by Ranger Rick members the horse was chosen as the animal most important to the birth of these United States that Bicentennial year....The beaver got a close second due to the importance of the fur trade....

2Q==

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This argument was made by 20/20 in a show years ago. Ran active shooter scenarios and watched people freeze, etc. I'm not a vet and will never be SWAT trained. It's real simple for me, in that type of situation I'd rather have a gun than be without one.

BBI's case file data has more relevance than this article!

The piece on 20/20 were assassination scenarios. The role player/aggressor knew exactly who had the simunition replica, where they were sitting, etc. Even people who are targeted by "active shooters" won't be faced with something like that unless they did something to cross the wrong mob boss.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Even people who are targeted by "active shooters" won't be faced with something like that unless they did something to cross the wrong mob boss.

I told you not to mess around with that chick but did you listen to me???? No of course not...

"But Rick I like Sicilian women..." "But Rick he doesn't get parole for another 5 years..."

I warned you....:)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Trivia: In a vote by Ranger Rick members the horse was chosen as the animal most important to the birth of these United States that Bicentennial year....The beaver got a close second due to the importance of the fur trade....

You're Right! :rockwoot:

Without Horses and Hookers this county would never have made it.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I told you not to mess around with that chick but did you listen to me???? No of course not...

"But Rick I like Sicilian women..." "But Rick he doesn't get parole for another 5 years..."

I warned you....:)

As long as I change identities and move every three weeks, I'll be fine. FINE.

And who doesn't like Sicilian women?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ME!

Due to a strand of American Indian (I mean Native American) DNA I am unable to grow facial hair of any note and I refuse to date a woman with a fuller mustache than I could ever have!!!!:)

You're working too hard at failing at facial hair. Being Filipino is a lot easier.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If I have a 5 percent chance of surviving an encounter, and a gun will raise it to only 10 percent, I will go with the gun.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Keep in mind that once an individual is selected, their probability of any event is either zero or one. Empirical and theoretical probabilities apply to populations or at least large samples, not individuals. One may draw inferences based matching characteristics to the population, but a number is always one or zero for any individual after it is selected. Either it happens or it does not.

If there were 1000 ingo members and 100 were attacked, then one could say that the probability of an ingo member being attacked is 10% or 1/10. Once you select Kirk Freeman, his probability of being attacked is either zero or its one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's binary.

Kirk Freeman was attacked by a Rottweiler, so doesn't this count as half?:D

I was attacked by a Rottweiler but oddly I did not call for Final Protective Fire as it lunged across Fourth Street. It is almost as if Ranger Rick's b.s. article is of no import to walking around day to day.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Kirk Freeman was attacked by a Rottweiler, so doesn't this count as half?:D

I was attacked by a Rottweiler but oddly I did not call for Final Protective Fire as it lunged across Fourth Street. It is almost as if Ranger Rick's b.s. article is of no import to walking around day to day.

Bummer. Sorry, no disrespect intended. I saw a chance at a math/science joke, and lost all sense of control. Back to your normal programming :)

Top Bottom