• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I’m all for buying and supporting USA companies. ‘Merica!!

But whatever gun I buy, it needs to be reliable. It’s something I plan to carry, and depend my life on it. So why does it have to be from an American company? I’d be looking at single stack guns that are known to be very reliable. Like the Glock 43 and S&W M&P Shield.
    Certainly, it must be reliable. If the USA can't make one like that then too bad. Are you intimating that S&W M&P is not made in the USA? Or just including it since it was single-stack rather than the double asked for in this thread?

I'm not normally all that concerned about country of origin (clearly our gov't isn't either since the Beretta 92 was the service pistol for a while), but figured I'd at least give it a try for my ammo and next handguns. But if a 43 or Gen 4 26 ends up fitting me the best that's what I'll get.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Certainly, it must be reliable. If the USA can't make one like that then too bad. Are you intimating that S&W M&P is not made in the USA? Or just including it since it was single-stack rather than the double asked for in this thread?

I'm not normally all that concerned about country of origin (clearly our gov't isn't either since the Beretta 92 was the service pistol for a while), but figured I'd at least give it a try for my ammo and next handguns. But if a 43 or Gen 4 26 ends up fitting me the best that's what I'll get.

Honestly, I was wicked tired last night. I read the thread as "single" stack, not "double". But, I stand by what I say, except I would go with a M&P 9 compact and/or a Glock 26 or Glock 19.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

fyi all military issued firearms are made in the us, even though beretta (m9) and fn (m16) are based outside the us, the contract from the government states they must be made in the america

if you're looking for a small compact double stack, look at the sig p320 with the ss (small subcompact) frame, its american made, american designed it holds 12 rounds and feels good in the hand.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ruger SR9c

Thinner than all other double stacks.
    American made and owned.
    Good trigger.
    Can be used with 10 or 17 round magazine.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    So maybe not smallest, but thought I'd update on what I have obtained so far. Ironically, the first I acquired was not US-owned, an FNS-9c, because I couldn't pass up the deal. However, the next day I got a good deal on a S&W M2.0 Compact. Yesterday, I picked up a Ruger American Compact Pro.

I do still intend to get a Glock 26 and/or 19 since I know I like them and the Gen 4/5 will fit me better than my older 40 cals did. Then I'll shoot them all a lot and see which work out best for me, my wife and my son.

Top Bottom