• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    At BPS, we have a lot of people coming in and asking about our lever guns, we've sold a number of the Marlin 45-70's, and Henry .22's, with Rossi .357, and .44's bringing up the rear. We have the Rossi 30/30 at around $850, but I've not sold any. Levers are a thing right now, Smith is responding to demand, but the wood versions price is kind of steep..

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    At BPS, we have a lot of people coming in and asking about our lever guns, we've sold a number of the Marlin 45-70's, and Henry .22's, with Rossi .357, and .44's bringing up the rear. We have the Rossi 30/30 at around $850, but I've not sold any. Levers are a thing right now, Smith is responding to demand, but the wood versions price is kind of steep..
    336 used to be like a $350 budget rifle. Somehow doing your own work became a premium feature.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Honest outlaw reviews already has a video up on it and shoting it. Haven't had chance to watch it all way yet

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    It’s a pretty rifle and I sure love lever guns but I don’t see the $$$….. you’re closely approaching Big Horn Armory Territory. My Henry’s are fine rifles and I have a 357 and 44 in the new Marlin 1894’s and they are exquisite. S&W better sharpen their pencil because they aren’t known for lever actions versus those that are. Just my .02. I would have loved a nice reproduction of the original Volcanic!!! And a removable mag tube… facepalm!!!

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    They have seen a resurgence in popularity, just ready for people to realize that you're not going to make a lever gun for 300.00 like we remember, it's not 1980 anymore. Some of the MSRP's are a bit out there though.
    The problem was Ruger had to make all new machines because the old Marlin equipment was unserviceable. And S&W started from scratch so a 1200 dollar range MSRP is going to be the new norm.

That said I would have never thought an AR 15 from a major player (Colt S&W Rock River etc) would ever be less than a ln a U.S. made lever gun

Interesting times

Top Bottom