• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Got the email about this this morning and thought it looked nice. I’d be more interested in the blue and wood but man, $3500 smackers!!!

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So many things wrong with this offering to my liking.

9 round only

Removable mag tube

Painted vs blued

Yuppy Sights

Stupid trigger contour

8 groove barrel?

Threaded muzzle

Too long of firearm for proper balance and looks

Price

And we haven’t even got to the inside yet.

Are the receivers jobbed out?

Kids can have it

See you on the range with my conventional levers.

Trapper

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    So many things wrong with this offering to my liking.

9 round only

Removable mag tube

Painted vs blued

Yuppy Sights

Stupid trigger contour

8 groove barrel?

Threaded muzzle

Too long of firearm for proper balance and looks

Price

And we haven’t even got to the inside yet.

Are the receivers jobbed out?

Kids can have it

See you on the range with my conventional levers.

Trapper
    While I too love the plain lever guns and personally don’t need a threaded barrel that’s what is hit now so that will be the first of any offering.

I am hoping they ad some traditional looking non threaded models in the future but they aren’t in it for why you or me like they are in it to sell and they know the threaded barrels and stainless will sell.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Also got the email here. And like others, was pretty excited until I saw the price, Wow! Especially for the wood stock version. The 44 would keep me away as all my revolvers are 357, and I'm not keen to get into a new, even pricier caliber right now (I don't reload yet).

I finally found my long-coveted Henry Big Boy Steel, NIB with the side loading gate in 357, a little over a week ago. And for what I thought was an incredibly fair price, about $100 lower than anywhere else I had seen them... WHEN I was lucky enough to have seen them. Who'd have thought a Henry would be a budget-lever option??

But still, happy to see another lever option we can choose from. Not everyone will be a buyer, but I bet plenty will be. Should be fun when the comparisons come out between the S&W and newer Rugerlin options (whoever said "Rugerlin" upthread should get a quarter every time someone says it).

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Also got the email here. And like others, was pretty excited until I saw the price, Wow! Especially for the wood stock version. The 44 would keep me away as all my revolvers are 357, and I'm not keen to get into a new, even pricier caliber right now (I don't reload yet).

I finally found my long-coveted Henry Big Boy Steel, NIB with the side loading gate in 357, a little over a week ago. And for what I thought was an incredibly fair price, about $100 lower than anywhere else I had seen them... WHEN I was lucky enough to have seen them. Who'd have thought a Henry would be a budget-lever option??

But still, happy to see another lever option we can choose from. Not everyone will be a buyer, but I bet plenty will be. Should be fun when the comparisons come out between the S&W and newer Rugerlin options (whoever said "Rugerlin" upthread should get a quarter every time someone says it).
    With the prices i've seen on Henry's lately I don't think there's anything 'budget' about them. Even Rossi's levers are 7-800.00 or more now.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I still just don’t understand why??? They are a pistol and revolver manufacturer. Lever actions just aren’t their thing. This is just me thinking…. Lever action you go to Marlin or Henry!!! Two fine American made lever actions. For years I heard the gripes about Henry being tube fed (facepalm)!!! Now that they also have a kings gate there is absolutely nothing to gripe about with Henry. If your kings gate fails for some reason you can still tube feed it. The Marlins (JM or Ruger)…. Well made firearms and lever actions are what they are noted for!!! Now the Rossi’s…. I know alot of folks like them I’ve never had one or shot one so just can’t say. But it seems like most are always happy with them. I guess what I’m trying to say is make what your known for. At the end of the day I can pick S&W’s new offering to pieces and would much rather put the $$$ into a Henry or a Marlin.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I wouldn't trade one of my classic Marlins for one of these, but nobody's asking me to. Its a bit silly to me, but that's ok. If nothing else, watching somebody pimp one of these things out with lights, rails, and optics hurts my soul a lot less than seeing the same thing happen to a classic Marlin or Winchester. If you think about it, fudds everywhere should be grateful to S&W for giving the tactical hipsters a safe outlet for their molestative tendencies! :lmfao:

RobC1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2023
    Richmond
    I am hoping they will make a semi affordable model in 460s&w and 500s&w. The only company that makes models in those offerings is Big Horn Armory and they are pricey. From what I saw posted somewhere else is the $3500 wood version is using high grade wood and only producing 1854 units like that so they are targeting it towards collectors.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The specs on the S&W tick almost all of the boxes for me. Pic rail, weather resistant, threaded barrel. Price seems inline with others on the composite one at least. Just wish they would have chosen a different caliber to lead with.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    like others I just don't get more than $1,000 for a lever gun. Much less 3.
    for that I'd go find a classic JM rather than an untested brand.

Top Bottom