• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    To the OP get a basic pistol course then you can attend the Revere Riders Into to defensive pistol. It’s taught by @obijohn and myself as the assistant and demo guy. We can teach you basic defensive stuff in a low pressure environment.
    Do you know of any defensive shooting courses in the more northern parts of IN? The one you mentioned is a bit far from me.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Hey OP. I just won an M&P 2.0 full size on an auction site. It does not have a safety. I will be adding one, as soon as I get possesion of the pistol. I will let you know how it goes.

After I modify mine, I am willing to help you install one. Will be ordering the parts for mine on Tuesday.

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    Hey OP. I just won an M&P 2.0 full size on an auction site. It does not have a safety. I will be adding one, as soon as I get possesion of the pistol. I will let you know how it goes.

After I modify mine, I am willing to help you install one. Will be ordering the parts for mine on Tuesday.
    Congrats. Does win mean free, reduced price, or something else?

I have some parts coming soon (@Brad69 was kind enough to send me the parts he took off his). I've watched a couple of videos on people removing there's and I think all you need for the installation is a 1/8-inch punch (or something around that size to push out the pin holding in the sear block, or whatever it's called).

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Congrats. Does win mean free, reduced price, or something else?

I have some parts coming soon (@Brad69 was kind enough to send me the parts he took off his). I've watched a couple of videos on people removing there's and I think all you need for the installation is a 1/8-inch punch (or something around that size to push out the pin holding in the sear block, or whatever it's called).
    Local auction where I had the winning bid. Pistol is a 2.0 version with a 5" barrel and Holosun red dot sight for $375. Going to install an Apex trigger and safety. Primary purpose will be for Steel Challenge competion.
    Screenshot_20240414_040158_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    All three Safety parts are on order. Videos look like it should be a simple task. Or until a spring or detent goes flying off into the great unknown.
    I actually just finished installing mine about 5 minutes ago. I'm guessing you watched this video where the detent flies away?

It was a pretty simple installation. The video doesn't show how the detent sits in the groove, but know that the spring fits into the detent, and the two parts are placed in the groove with spring toward the barrel end and the curved part of the detent placed into the groove. I was then able to put the safety lever over the sear assemble to hold the detent in (though it didn't seem poised to shoot out). It took a little bit of wiggling to get the sear assembly back in place with the trigger bar fitting in nicely, and the whole thing didn't sit well at first, but it wasn't too difficult.

Also, I bought a 1/8-inch punch, but it ended up being just slightly too large. I was able to use a 1/16-inch punch and pull the pin from the other side once it was mostly out.

1713321535369.png

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    20240420_165541.jpg
    Parts showed up from Numrich. Bought parts that were listed as being for M&P version 2.0. Time to start the installation.

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    20240420_173826.jpg
    Done. Installed the Apex Trigger and Safety. The Sear block already had the Safety Detent and spring installed. Pistol had zero lube but that has been corrected. Function check was good. The Apex trigger is a huge improvement over the stock trigger. Hope to get to the range tomorrow and wring it out.

Only part left to order is an optic height front sight.

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    View attachment 348068
    Done. Installed the Apex Trigger and Safety. The Sear block already had the Safety Detent and spring installed. Pistol had zero lube but that has been corrected. Function check was good. The Apex trigger is a huge improvement over the stock trigger. Hope to get to the range tomorrow and wring it out.

Only part left to order is an optic height front sight.
    Looks great. If the detent was already there then the previous owner must have removed their safety but not realized the detent was no longer needed. Hope she shoots well.

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    View attachment 349229
    Installed a new taller front sight and new battery in the Holosun. Shoots great. Feels much better than a Glock.
    View attachment 349230
    Looks nice. Does the red dot have a built-in rear sight to match the front?

I'm interested in getting a red dot for mine, but I'm not sure how to justify the cost when I just spent a bunch of money to get the gun in the first place. Maybe in the future...

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Looks nice. Does the red dot have a built-in rear sight to match the front?

I'm interested in getting a red dot for mine, but I'm not sure how to justify the cost when I just spent a bunch of money to get the gun in the first place. Maybe in the future...
    No built in rear sight.

Mine is an older Holosun, that you have to remove the sight to change the battery. It is mounted to a plate that replaced the pistol's rear sight. The sight and plate came with the pistol. I really like it for my older eyes.

Palmetto State Armory has sales on pistol red dots. I've also watched a bunch of videos on pistol red dots to learn more.

Top Bottom