• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Who has a 15-22? I am thinking about adding a camo 15-22 to my rimfire collection. What do you think of them? Any pros or cons? Have not had a chance to shoot one, but they look like alot of fun.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    they are a extreamly fun rifle. ive had one for 6ish months and have about 4000 rounds threw it. im actually getting rid of it because its to much fun and i end up shooting faster than i want to. a 25 rd mag doesn't last long at all. to me if the fun overrides my brain the training purpose is gone.

but i can take 4 shots and put them on steel @ 300 yards before the first one hits. thats a blast. i had a 1-4 vortex pst on it with a kill light 250, a bipod, ergo grip, huntertown arms suppressor

Yukon622

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    brownsburg
    I also have the MOE version I love it as well... Makes me want to buy a larger caliber AR but it's just so cheap to shoot!!! Plus the wife won't let me sell it to upgrade...

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I love mine. I have had it four 2 years and over a thousand rnds. Not the most accurate, but the fun way overrides that. My son can shoot it with the stock collapsed because it's so light. Can't wait for tax stamp to come in.:rockwoot:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Ahh, this is good news. I didn't realize the M&P15-22 even came in the moe. I've got it's bigger brother in moe edition, and had planned on picking up the 15-22 this year, so now I kinda have to. Sweet, just another M&P to the collection. I carry a 40c as well, lol.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    To elaborate, I'd highly recommend the MOE. It has an integral QD mount for a sling mount built into the lower receiver that is not on the standard model. Many of the other items are MOE items that could be added later, but the integral mount is nice to have.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Once I saw the video of a S&W 15-22 using a slide fire stock I knew I'd be buying one soem day. The only problem with the gun that I see is that they don't make a speed loader for it.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Once I saw the video of a S&W 15-22 using a slide fire stock I knew I'd be buying one soem day. The only problem with the gun that I see is that they don't make a speed loader for it.

The magazines have a load assist feature that makes them load as well as or better than if they had a speed loader. You don't need a speed loader with these mags.

If anyone looks to buy one check the recoil spring. If it is blue it should be ok. If it is not painted it may be too strong like mine was, and it will stovepipe pretty regularly. S&W will fix it but it is kind of a hassle to ship it to them and then make sure someone is home to sign for it when it returns.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Just buy lots of mags... load them between range trips. That's going to be my plan, just need to order about 10 mags here in the near future :D

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    They are a lot of fun and I would suggest a 15-22 to anyone. I've got a few guys to buy one after playing with mine.

Top Bottom