• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    I know Glocks are basically indestructible and can practically fire when filled with cement... My issue has always been small hands holding a fat grip

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I used to own two Glocks... I now own five M&P's... End of story.

My oldest son's story is much the same. He used to own two Glocks, and now owns two M&P's.

My youngest son, who is a Marine MP, went right to the M&P line and skipped the Glock story altogether.

Glocks are great guns, but the ergos of the M&P are light-years ahead in my humble opinion.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Having both a M&P 9 and a Glock 17 gen 4, I like the M&P much better. For me the M&P fits my hand better which means I shoot it better. Things I like better on the M&P than the Glock is the placement of the slide release, (which is ambidextrous) take down lever, mag release, ease of changing out the back strap, (don't have to drive out any pins) slide serrations, standard accessory rail and the sights.

Things I like better on the Glock, trigger feel out of the box.

Both have proven to be reliable.

Both are good guns but again, for me, the M&P is more gun than the Glock at around the same price point.

One more thing if you reload and shoot cast bullets you don't have to buy an aftermarket barrel with the M&P since it has standard rifling not polygonal rifling.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I used to own three Glocks and I now own one M&P. The M&P just fit my hands and natural aim much better. I would not say either is better, just different.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    A question like this is like posting "which of your kids do you love more?" There are M&P fans and there are Glock fans and there are those who like both.

Me I've got the M&P line and no Glocks. Why, because I'm not one to follow the crowd and the guy at the store recommended the M&P over the Glock. Since I had an S&W 5906 that was a great piece, I went with the M&P and never regretted it.

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    My story appears to be similar to most so far. Had a glock and it did not point well for me. With my M&P it seems i cant miss... By as much anyway.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I like the lower slide highth on the MandP. if they could get a glock like trigger reset, i would own one, but i find the gun difficult to get consitant and predictable resets. that alone makes them a nogo for me.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I've owned about a half dozen Glocks and am a GSSF member. I currently own an M&P.

I think the M&Ps are better. Better build quality (steel subframe v. chintzy tabs embedded in plastic, factory steel guide rod, etc), better ergos, better trigger out of the box, (add the Apex kit and fuhgeddaboutit!)

and I have had one of those chintzy metal tabs break on me, my old Glock 21. That has colored my perception to some extent. To it's credit, it kept running, and to Glock Corp.'s credit, they replaced the frame for me without much of a hassle.

My wife, who has absolutely no pre-conceptions on this stuff, handled the Gen 4 Glock I brought home a few weeks ago and my old M&P back to back. She asked, and I quote, "why does that new one feel so cheap? You better not have spent a lot on it!!!" :): She was right. The M&P felt like it was a vault door on ball bearing compared to the Glock when you racked it.

now both of them feel cheap compared to my new CZ!

YMMV, and you'd be well served by either piece of combat tupperware.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ergonomically, it's a toss up. When it comes to triggers out of the box, IMO Glock takes the cake.

Let's be clear about this. Ergonomically is where you'll find the biggest difference between the two.

I'll grant you that both are reliable, both are accurate, both are durable, yadda yadda yadda.

But the grip angle and how they point are completely different. MOST people generally prefer the ergos of one over the other.

So it may be a "toss-up" as to which you prefer, but it is not a toss-up in the sense that they are the same.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    BTW, for all of those that say the trigger on the Glock is better than the M&P out of the box, let's be sure we're comparing the M&P Pro to the Glock. The Pro is about the same cost as a Glock. The standard M&P is cheaper.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've owned both and perfer the Glock. I had issues with my M&P9 and S&W failed to correct them when I sent the gun back to them, they claimed there was nothing wrong (even though the gun was shooting a foot low at 5 yards). Sold the M&P and got a G17, couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom