• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've owned both and perfer the Glock. I had issues with my M&P9 and S&W failed to correct them when I sent the gun back to them, they claimed there was nothing wrong (even though the gun was shooting a foot low at 5 yards). Sold the M&P and got a G17, couldn't be happier.

Hyperbole (
    11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
    /hˈpɜrbəl/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just can't seem to hold the middle of a 3/4" dot at 15-yards with my M&P40 Pro Series. Should I send it back to S&W?

189ctc15yards.jpg

Was that Hyperbole or Sarcasm? I can never tell. :D

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i dont like the mp trigger NO MATTER the type. i have installed dozens of apex sears for customers and test fired them subsequently, and i just plain dont care for the trigger.

a glock trigger in the M and P would be my dream gun.

in fact the apex makes the reset WORSE. i dont mind a heavier trigger pull for a more crisp reset.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    i dont like the mp trigger NO MATTER the type. i have installed dozens of apex sears for customers and test fired them subsequently, and i just plain dont care for the trigger.

a glock trigger in the M and P would be my dream gun.

in fact the apex makes the reset WORSE. i dont mind a heavier trigger pull for a more crisp reset.

I think that the response to your earlier post was about the Apex RAM upgrade more than about the Apex sear.

I have installed the Apex sear and RAM in all of my M&P's (even the two Pro's), and I think that the reset is as distinct as it needs to be. My old Glocks might have been slightly more audible, but the RAM upgrade makes resets more than distinct enough for a majority of "reset" shooters. I still find that most shooters don't care care about resets at all... Many don't even know what a reset is or does.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think that the response to your earlier post was about the Apex RAM upgrade more than about the Apex sear.

I have installed the Apex sear and RAM in all of my M&P's (even the two Pro's), and I think that the reset is as distinct as it needs to be. My old Glocks might have been slightly more audible, but the RAM upgrade makes resets more than distinct enough for a majority of "reset" shooters. I still find that most shooters don't care care about resets at all... Many don't even know what a reset is or does.

HMMM i dont think have have installed, or even put my hands on this socalled RAM kit???

either way, i am not most shooters, and trigger reset is a KEY to quick, and or accurate shooting. the more defined it is, the better IMHO.

to me trigger reset is a more important feature on a handgun than a light trigger pull (within reason)

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Let's be clear about this. Ergonomically is where you'll find the biggest difference between the two.

I'll grant you that both are reliable, both are accurate, both are durable, yadda yadda yadda.

But the grip angle and how they point are completely different. MOST people generally prefer the ergos of one over the other.

So it may be a "toss-up" as to which you prefer, but it is not a toss-up in the sense that they are the same.

No, I meant in terms of what's best for you. A toss-up meaning one isn't better than the other...

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    HMMM i dont think have have installed, or even put my hands on this socalled RAM kit???

either way, i am not most shooters, and trigger reset is a KEY to quick, and or accurate shooting. the more defined it is, the better IMHO.

to me trigger reset is a more important feature on a handgun than a light trigger pull (within reason)

I too am a reset shooter, and that is why I was giddy about the RAM upgrade when it came to market. The reset was the only thing I missed about my old Glocks.

If you get a chance, you really should try an M&P with a RAM kit... I think you would be amazed. Bang, click, bang, click...

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm with Rob Leatham on how important reset is. (From 2:30 on)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqqhSSiU_j8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    INDYGUNWORKS Install a apex RAM the reset is 10 times better. I think both pistols are great but because to grip and other ergonomics i choose the M&P, but the glock is a great weapon as well

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    BTW, for all of those that say the trigger on the Glock is better than the M&P out of the box, let's be sure we're comparing the M&P Pro to the Glock. The Pro is about the same cost as a Glock. The standard M&P is cheaper.

the trigger on the m&p pro is better than the trigger on the glock. i own the pro 9 and a g19 gen3. both shoot well but i like the ergo on the m&p better.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I have shot both and both were ok. I like the M&P a little better mainly because the mag release can be switched for a left hand shooter. Both would work in a pinch, and both have very loyal followers, but I still like my Kahr way more than either of these two guns.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I agree that both are great guns, and that you need to pick the one that fits the best. The Glock fits my hand a little better I think and aim is more natural. I didn't think that I liked Glocks until I shot a friend of mines and then I was sold. So if you have a chance to shoot them that would be even better.

Top Bottom