• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I said "possibly." You never know how long someone would want to debate the issue instead of complying with the rules of the range.

My guess is why their last and/or dying breath but I bet you already knew that.

To the group: I am not saying that doing drugs (of any kind) is a good idea. I do want to point out the hypocracy of society's perception of what is safe and what is not, at the range. The bug news flash for me is that some drugs are much more safe at the range than others. I fullly expect people to not understand it because they are unable to see past the "drugs are bad, mmmkay" mentality without realizing that more people in America than not are probably taking harsher drugs with more serious side effects than an illegal natural substance. To stand up and say "but its illegal!" is missing the entire philosophical argument and will only be an exercise in futility.

Part of joining a range is obeying the rules of that range. Safety is often forced because of the lowest common denominator of intelligence and that same common denominator also seems to insist that the rules made.specifically for them do not apply to them, ever.

Of course, people generally would rather win an argument than be morally or statistically right but what do I know.

Longest post from my cell phone yet!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wow
    I have and would call the police for seeing people under the influence. Bottom line is if I see somebody under the influence with a dangerous weapon, car, gun etc I will contact the authorities. I may be able to justify my NOT calling by saying it's not hurting ME but what about the kid walking across the street that the people were unable to stop in time for because they were impaired? I like being able to sleep knowing I made the tough/ right decisions based on my morals and laws and NOT wheather I agree with them or not. It's not a philosophical arguement when lives are being destroyed every single day by the stupid people that think they are "ok" to have "a couple" and then drive. Or that it's "not hurting anyone".
    I really don't care if people agree with me or not. You are free to make your own decisions concerning your lives. If it's a threat to me or other innocent people and I'm involved I will take appropriate action based on what the law says and my own moral code. It's really that simple. Big boy rules.
    BTW, I may not be the best writer or speller but a couple of these posts are almost painful to decipher.:n00b:

Bob

Last edited:

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    WOW! I have been away from this forum for 3 months due to sickness and death. And this thread is the first thread I come across. My first thought was how stupid to mix drugs and guns. Then as I read thru some of the post. I got to thinking about the freedoms we have in this country that has been fought and died for. How quick some of the liberty loving people on this forum are willing to have someones else liberty taken away from them. Is this what our fore fathers fought and died for? So that some people can run and tell the government when someone spits on the side walk? Maybe I will get kicked off of this forum for this statement. But some people dont deserve the freedoms we have. And I thank GOD that some people were not around when we gained our freedom from England. Or we might have the freedom we have.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    WOW! I have been away from this forum for 3 months due to sickness and death. And this thread is the first thread I come across. My first thought was how stupid to mix drugs and guns. Then as I read thru some of the post. I got to thinking about the freedoms we have in this country that has been fought and died for. How quick some of the liberty loving people on this forum are willing to have someones else liberty taken away from them. Is this what our fore fathers fought and died for? So that some people can run and tell the government when someone spits on the side walk? Maybe I will get kicked off of this forum for this statement. But some people dont deserve the freedoms we have. And I thank GOD that some people were not around when we gained our freedom from England. Or we might have the freedom we have.
    Firing one up on the range is just stupid, plain and simple. Stupid people don't deserve freedom, they deserve a life surrounded by others as stupid as they are, and should not be left free to roam around in society. Right off the bat, you will disagree with me, but the next time you have an encounter with a stupid person, you will say "that guy on INGO was absolutely right"! And yes, this thread is pretty much a train wreck.:ingo:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I would think in the case of alcohol, pointing out the rules, making sure it stops, and bringing it to the attention of the range officer would be enough.

Sure, I have been with friends that carry while they have a few beers. I know these people and have more comfort due to that fact. If weapons start leaving holsters, the comfort level disappears real quick. At the range where active gun handling is happening, a complete stranger blatantly ignoring rules doesn't do much for the comfort level and gets my attention real quick.

While what you say is true, I would not be making it my business because of being worried about an " illegal buzz ", but rather because of the blatant disregard of the law and/or range rules.

Where I shoot, I don't agree with all the rules. I particularly dislike their cold range/no holstered weapons policy. Saying that though, I follow the rules and couldn't fault the next guy for being concerned if he were to see me stroll up next to him and his family while blatantly breaking the rules of having all my weapons loaded.

I don't know that I'd want to be shooting next to or even down the line from someone smelling of weed or alcohol. As for the disregard of the laws, I have no problem if people want to smoke up in the privacy of their own home but don't be driving around smoking up. I personally knew someone that was killed in an accident that was a result of bad decisions after smoking weed (would have been 2 in one accident but the driver got lucky...if you want to call it that. Last time I saw him, he still wasn't the same person after being the reason his best friend was killed). I also know someone that caused an accident that killed another person that was the result of smoking up before driving (and she often smokes while driving).

Smoke up at home to unwind, don't care (I've never smoked weed, not even once in my life). Keep it off the range and don't get behind the wheel. There is no reason to be smoking or going to the range drunk or high. Even if the person doesn't care about my safety, they should be thinking about their own.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
    We are not talking about spitting on the sidewalk. we are talking about a possible dangerous situation thru the use of an illegal substance. I served for over 21 years in the military to help preserve the rights of ALL of us. To live here there are certain rules (laws) that we are suppose to be following even if we don't like them.
    At least we do agree about the mixing of drugs and guns;)

Bob

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I wasn't gonna shoot my gun, but I was high.
    I swear that it wasn't loaded, but I was high.
    Now I'm a paraplegic and I know why
    Because I was high, because I was high, because I was high.
    La da da da ta da

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I wasn't gonna shoot my gun, but I was high.
    I swear that it wasn't loaded, but I was high.
    Now I'm a paraplegic and I know why
    Because I was high, because I was high, because I was high.
    La da da da ta da

Great post!
    I'm suprised to see this rambling thread still going. That act described by the OP in indefensable. No equivocation possible. The particular substance is irrelevent.

The philosophical/legal agruement is another topic. I.e I live in the only state where cannibis is decriminalized for small amounts, but you sure as hell wouldn't want a MA state trooper finding you with it or intoxicated while carrying or at a range.

Can't believe someone would do that at the range...Just effen stupid.

OK. Gotta go you've inspired me to switch from learning Red Barchetta to Pasage to Bagkok! :D

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    And After all "your" goverment word is gospel right?:n00b:

Not at all friend...

For all I care, you can smoke, inject, snort, drink, or otherwise ingest anything you like. I DON'T CARE.

But, when you are strung out on drugs, or when you OD, or when you are going through rehab, don't advocate having my property taken to help you out.

You're free to do whatever you like... as long as you take full responsibility for the associated consequences.

Best wishes.

Top Bottom