• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    I like the people that say they would call LEO. You might as well call the po po on every bar there is. Everyone breaks the rules. Do you always drive 35 mph on a 35 mph road? Doubt it. Is that putting ppl at risk? You bet. I smoke reefer from time to time. I dont think the range is a very good place to do so. Id rather see that than some idiot pounding back beers, not to mention all prescripts that people take nowadays. Legalize it.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Food for thought since I'm not quite sure if this was directed at me or not :

Who all has lied on 4473 in the literal verbage?

"are you an unlawful user of marijuana, or addicted to, any depressant, stimulant, or any other narcotic drug, or controlled substance"

Stimulants-caffeine (if you need that pick me up in the morning)
    Nicotine-if you can't just stop. Has many of the same physiological withdrawal
    symptoms as heroin and cocaine addicts.

Depressant-alcohol

The verbage of the question on the form indicates current usage or addiction. If you cannot function without caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, heroine, cocaine, opiates...then you should have answered "yes" on that question. ;)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I like the people that say they would call LEO. You might as well call the po po on every bar there is. Everyone breaks the rules. Do you always drive 35 mph on a 35 mph road? Doubt it. Is that putting ppl at risk? You bet. I smoke reefer from time to time. I dont think the range is a very good place to do so. Id rather see that than some idiot pounding back beers, not to mention all prescripts that people take nowadays. Legalize it.

You seriously cant be trying to compare a minor infraction like slightly speeding to being intoxicated while operating a gun around other people on a range. Not even a reasonable comparison.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Your right. But thecallingthecopsoneverybarthereis still stands. I should have thought of something better, but iwill never change any persons mind of the pot debate. MY POINT WAS THAT PUFFING AT THE RANGE IS WRONG, BUT IMHO THERE IS MUCH WORSE THIMGS THAT PPL ARE ON THAT WE CANT EVEN SEE, AMD THAT ARE LEGAL. That, to me, is where the humor of naive ppl come in.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Doesn't matter. If someone is being obviously unsafe, regardlesd of whether they are high on life or THC...why not call an immediate cease fire and request the idiot(s) to leave? Then call the police.

At the range or not, reckless handling of firearms is dangerous.

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    well let's see here...

i don't use marijuana or any other unlawfal substances
    i don't drink alcohol
    i don't use any tobacco products
    i don't drink coffee or use energy drinks. (but i do drink Coke Zero)
    and even if i used tobacco products, alcohol, energy drinks, coffee or other sources of caffine, those substances are not narcotics or controlled substances, so i would not be lying on form 4473.
    maybe george soros will let you get high and shoot at his private range

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    well let's see here...

i don't use marijuana or any other unlawfal substances
    i don't drink alcohol
    i don't use any tobacco products
    i don't drink coffee or use energy drinks. (but i do drink Coke Zero)
    and even if i used tobacco products, alcohol, energy drinks, coffee or other sources of caffine, those substances are not narcotics or controlled substances, so i would not be lying on form 4473.
    maybe george soros will let you get high and shoot at his private range

While you are correct about them not being narcs, nicotine and caffeine are both considered CNS stimulants. If you've ever drank coffee to "wake up" you are using it for the stimulant effect. Well maybe not you per se, but I think you understand.

If push comes to shove, and you consider everything that fits into all the questions subcategories...it is phrased loosely enough that anyone can have lied on the 4473. You are misunderstanding what can be implied from the question.

It's funny how you are defensive about it though. please leave the snide crap at the door, I was hoping for an enlightening conversation, not any of that.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Colt .45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need
    We can go to the park, after dark
    Smoke that tumbleweed
    As the marijuana burn we can take our turn
    Singin' them dirty rap songs
    Stop and hit the bong like cheech and chong
    And sell tapes from here to Hong Kong
    So roll, roll, roll my joint, pick out the seeds and stems
    Feeling high as hell flyin' through Palmdale
    Skatin' on dayton rims
    So roll, roll, the '83 Cadillac coupe Deville
    If my tapes and my CDs just don't sell, I bet my caddy will

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Yeah. For sure. I was in another part of the state working. I've yet to defend them toking at the firing line, just the typical stigma of "potheads" and their stereotypes.

I'm usually the guy playing devil's advocate as well, but it really upsets
    Me to see people who get upset with non-PC stereotypes paint a picture that potheads are incompetent morons when they are high (THC).

I have responded to most people questioning me, or saying I'm a perjeror(sp?)...or that I was even one of those who were acting irresponsibly.

It's like how we as gun owner's don't like being painted negatively by moronic youtube videos...well, it's upsetting because I know people for whom weed is helpful with chronic pain. Still functioning, just under the radar.

Anyone else want to join in on the flaming?

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    I know a bunch of people who get high with pot, they go from being rational funny guys to being dip**** idiots who can't tell their d*ck from their hand. Pot does nothing but make you a relaxed moron.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I know several people that like to drink. Everytime they get drunk they turn into belligerent, mouthy jerks looking for a fight.

Alcohol turns people into, slow, stupid, uncoordinated, foolishly brave and violent morons.

Good thing it's legal. My point is this: any and every argument you can make about weed you can also make about booze, and booze comes out worse.

Edited: and just so we're clear, NOBODY should cop a buzz on ANYTHING at the range. There's too much that can go wrong if you're f'd up and not paying attention.

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Great post!
    I'm suprised to see this rambling thread still going. That act described by the OP in indefensable. No equivocation possible. The particular substance is irrelevent.

The philosophical/legal agruement is another topic. I.e I live in the only state where cannibis is decriminalized for small amounts, but you sure as hell wouldn't want a MA state trooper finding you with it or intoxicated while carrying or at a range.

Can't believe someone would do that at the range...Just effen stupid.

OK. Gotta go you've inspired me to switch from learning Red Barchetta to Pasage to Bagkok! :D

... rewards a long days toil.:D

It would be very hypocritical for me to to say anything about the relative (de)merits of altering ones own reality; but the range was out of bounds for me even when I had all my bad habits. And I had some bad habits.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I know several people that like to drink. Everytime they get drunk they turn into belligerent, mouthy jerks looking for a fight.

Alcohol turns people into, slow, stupid, uncoordinated, foolishly brave and violent morons.

Good thing it's legal. My point is this: any and every argument you can make about weed you can also make about booze, and booze comes out worse.

QFT

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My point is this: any and every argument you can make about weed you can also make about booze, and booze comes out worse.

Edited: and just so we're clear, NOBODY should cop a buzz on ANYTHING at the range. There's too much that can go wrong if you're f'd up and not paying attention.
    The logic of calling something else worse doesn't change the seriousness of the original issue.
    Here's a(true) example: I had a sudden, total permanant light switch style hearing loss in my left ear. The ENT in attendance said (quoting to the best of my recollection) "I'd much rather loose hearing in one ear than sight in one eye" trying to make a serious problem seem unimportant. But the argument didn't hold water, and it didn't "put things in perspective for anyone but him.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Hope nobody has a few beers then goes shooting or hunting.Being impaired in any way while handling dangerous objects seems a bit irresponsible.This line of thinking should apply to dating also!

Top Bottom