• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I went there and bought a knife just to say I did. Now there is a Case knife outlet in south west MO on I-44 that I have been by three times but yet I have not been able to stop there to look. Always running on a tight schedule.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought I was the only one that remembered the Acorn! Knives, blade blanks, kits if it was knife related the Acorn had it back in the day! I still have a carbon steel Bowie full tang blade I bought in there in 1977 or 1978 in my early teens! Some day I may finish it. Gatlinburg was nicer back then IMHO.

Anyone remember Mystery Hill near Gatlinburg?

Alas, I never made it there, but I think my father did when he and my mom were attending elderhostels at a college near there.

I used to read about it in American Blade which then became Blade Magazine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Was there about 10 years ago,my boys were about 6 or 7 when we walked in the place

they just stood there with their mouths wide open, wait a minute so did I.

seriously though they had alot of nice stuff.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    SMKW

I stop every time we go down to Gatlinburg, its a great store that has so many deals , it is a must see if you are in the area.

dyoung707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Mooresville
    Yea , I remember the Acorn Shop. When I was young dad always bought me a new knife when we went to Gberg. Now I go to SMKW and buy my kids something while the wife shops downstairs. This thread got me excited for the next trip.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Try to go to the smokies every few years and always stop at the SMKW.
    Heading down to Gatlinburg next month and definitely stopping in for some eye candy

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    It's great! I was just there recently! Lots of stuff to gawk at, lots of stuff to take home with ya!

The Bass Pro Shop is good, but not as good as the one we have in Jeffersonville.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Another vote for it is a must see place. We have went there at least once a year for the last ten years. Was there a month ago and saw that they now have a Large TOPS and ESEE display case. It was the first time I had seen that there. Even my wife and daughter like it there.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I have not been there as of yet but I would like to see it at least one time.

TOPS and ESEE both make great knives.
    That must be why I carry them.:D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've been quite a few times as my parents have lived in Sevierville area the last several years. Honestly, I used to go to SMKW more when we would meet my family there on vacation before my parents moved there. Last several visits I haven't felt like putting up with the traffic once I got beyond the tourist congested areas.

Its an awesome place, especially the first couple of times you go. I haven't been in the store the last few visits, but I probably need to go the next time I'm in the area as I won't be going as often since my folks just put their cabin on the market and will be moving out of the area.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    We went a few days ago. It's definitely a cool store and has just about everything. They sell guns now too and had a nice selection. It was busy so I didn't look real hard but did see the Gen4 Glock prices and they were fair. They have a Sig Sauer display with what has to be dang near every Sig model displayed. I was really impressed with that.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I was there a few months ago. Seemed like it was about 60% cheapo knives and about 40% quality knives. Definitely worth the look though.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Yep and the cheap stuff was selling for sure. I did see one guy getting a ZT

There were definitely quality brands like ZT,Benchmade, ESEE, and others. You just had to sort through the crap and mall ninja stuff to get to it. I could waste a few hours in there easily.

Top Bottom