• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...However, I do believe that the path she wanted to walk two (2) weeks ago will no longer be available to her, especially if Preckwinkle loses the mayoral race. If she does, then her position and all that she was a Rabbi to may well find themselves alone and adrift...

This is quite possibly true. But there is also another possible interpretation. Remember that although the differences between Ms. Lightfoot and Ms. Preckwinkle may seem like big things to those inside the Chicago machine, in the greater scheme of things, they aren't that different in the direction they would take the city. One is a little more tied to the teacher's unions than the other, but they are both ultimately responsible to some of the same constituencies. On Education, both are opposed to closing any more city schools. Both are opposed to granting the creation of any more Charter Schools. The differences in how they will run the city are mostly the differences between frick and frack. "The movement" is going to be happy with either of them.

Viewed through that lens, does Foxx's act make her radioactive, or does it make her untouchable? She may lose her job through sheer alliance-loyalty, but I think although she may lose the battle, she won the war. You are talking about a city stuffed with people who have an alternative view of history and justice. When she expunged Jussie Smollett's record, Kim Foxx identified herself as a lackey for the "justice movement;" someone who believes the ends justify the means. It is a world within itself, where people can create their own reality. She will be holding down a spot on somebody's payroll.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    This is quite possibly true. But there is also another possible interpretation. Remember that although the differences between Ms. Lightfoot and Ms. Preckwinkle may seem like big things to those inside the Chicago machine, in the greater scheme of things, they aren't that different in the direction they would take the city. One is a little more tied to the teacher's unions than the other, but they are both ultimately responsible to some of the same constituencies. On Education, both are opposed to closing any more city schools. Both are opposed to granting the creation of any more Charter Schools. The differences in how they will run the city are mostly the differences between frick and frack. "The movement" is going to be happy with either of them.

Viewed through that lens, does Foxx's act make her radioactive, or does it make her untouchable? She may lose her job through sheer alliance-loyalty, but I think although she may lose the battle, she won the war. You are talking about a city stuffed with people who have an alternative view of history and justice. When she expunged Jussie Smollett's record, Kim Foxx identified herself as a lackey for the "justice movement;" someone who believes the ends justify the means. It is a world within itself, where people can create their own reality. She will be holding down a spot on somebody's payroll.
    Lightfoot and Preckwinkle are really just 2 sides of the same coin, for the sake of argument Lightfoot will be the next mayor. Fox may not be her protege as she was Preckwinkle but they share most of their core values and I don't believe Lightfoot wants to embarrass Fox or those who tug her strings. Lightfoot will appoint a new police chief who will never mutter a word about any of this. Now I think the Feds have two avenues, first the letter which has not been legally addressed and second an investigation into Fox which would hopefully morph into much more. There is another federal investigation into Chicago politics which snared a couple of alderman but has the potential to go statewide. The Feds could fill a very large net if they work this through

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Lightfoot and Preckwinkle are really just 2 sides of the same coin, for the sake of argument Lightfoot will be the next mayor. Fox may not be her protege as she was Preckwinkle but they share most of their core values and I don't believe Lightfoot wants to embarrass Fox or those who tug her strings. Lightfoot will appoint a new police chief who will never mutter a word about any of this. Now I think the Feds have two avenues, first the letter which has not been legally addressed and second an investigation into Fox which would hopefully morph into much more. There is another federal investigation into Chicago politics which snared a couple of alderman but has the potential to go statewide. The Feds could fill a very large net if they work this through

You spoke about the Federal angle.

Let's simulate this in our minds.

...assume the following hypotheticals:

1) A couple white MAGA-MEN actually _had_ assaulted Smollett.

2) The prosecutors determined the likely guilt of the two MAGA-MEN...then dropped charges and expunged their records.

3) It happened while Barack Obama was President.

Q: What would the Federal Justice Department be doing right now?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In that case, the lower income sections of democrat cities would burn.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    From my understanding this Smollett thing wasn’t the only thing that CPD has a beef about Foxx over.

It’s just the latest in what they see as a pattern.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    She also ran as not being part of the machine. That is more likely how she won.

Whether she stays that way will be seen.

I'll wait on that conclusion, people said the same thing about Harold Washington. He was a part of the machine, just another facet than Daley. In the end it's all about the dollars and where they go.

Always follow the money

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think if the feds investigate big kim they're gonna find a lot more corruption than just this case. Doesn't mean they'll do anything about it but they'll find it.
    I have about as much faith in our law enforcement and judicial system at all levels in this country as I do in the local weather man. They get it right about 3 times out of 10

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I'll wait on that conclusion, people said the same thing about Harold Washington. He was a part of the machine, just another facet than Daley. In the end it's all about the dollars and where they go.

Always follow the money

Harold Washington built his own machine which collapsed with his passing. Going back to when I was a kid it was a crazy time in Chicago. The Alderman separated into two factions. One opposed everything Washing tried to do the other supported it. It was known as "Council Wars" for those of us who were not around when it happened decades ago. It was anything but business as usual https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_Wars

Top Bottom