• ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think it's time for a bold strategy.

Let's elect the "first" of everything to every post possible.

Apparently, only then can we forget about what boxes people check and vote for the best candidate.

Brodysho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    La Porte
    I saw a meme on Facebook that compared Jessie Smollett walking scott free to Trump walking scott free from the Mueller report. I'm not sure a multi-year investigation by a neutral party compares to a botched attempt at a staged hate crime though. :dunno:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    She also ran as not being part of the machine. That is more likely how she won.

Whether she stays that way will be seen.
    It's deja vu all over again. Corruption can't be killed even with a stake through the heart.
    Baltimore is experiencing a new political scandal with the current mayor that replaced a corrupt mayor. Only it turns out that the current mayor is just playing at a much higher level than the last mayor.
    Old mayor was giving $500 gift cards meant for poor relief in exchange for favors. New mayor is selling her "Healthy Holly" pamphlets to a medical center where she is on the board for $500,000 and for $200,000 to a medical supply company that is seeking a city contract.
    [FONT=&amp]It wasn't supposed to be this way. Pugh came to office contrasting her clean image with her main opponent, ex-mayor Sheila Dixon who was forced to depart office in 2010 as part of a plea deal for misappropriating about $500 in gift cards meant for needy families.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]But as Baltimore Sun columnist Dan Rodricks wrote of Pugh in a Tuesday piece, it turns out "the woman who was elected because she did not come with baggage turns out to have had a matching set of luggage you'd need five bellhops to carry."[/FONT]

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think if the feds investigate big kim they're gonna find a lot more corruption than just this case. Doesn't mean they'll do anything about it but they'll find it.
    I have about as much faith in our law enforcement and judicial system at all levels in this country as I do in the local weather man. They get it right about 3 times out of 10

For me, I have the most amount of faith in the man on the ground, the basic detective, trooper, cop on the beat, etc. It is when we get into the political levels that my confidence plummets.

When it starts to transition from doing a good job to closure percentages I worry. I will never forget the Colonel in "The Wire." He didn't give a damn about whether or not justice was served, only that his stats looked good. In all fairness to him though it was his superiors that were focusing on the percentages to such an extent that nothing else really mattered.

The CPD did their job! They investigated, interviewed, and learned (allegedly) the truth. They DID their job. It's when it got to the political level that things went hinky.

Regards,

Doug

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I saw a meme on Facebook that compared Jessie Smollett walking scott free to Trump walking scott free from the Mueller report. I'm not sure a multi-year investigation by a neutral party compares to a botched attempt at a staged hate crime though. :dunno:
    Moronic comparison.

They both were investigated and only one was found to have enough evidence for a grand jury to return with a 16 count felony indictment.

One walked, actually they weren’t even indicted or arrested due to lack of evidence, the other walked because of a questionable decision by a controversial SA to drop all charges even though the prosecution admitted that there was enough evidence to prove guilt.

So only one actually walked without an exoneration . The other was vindicated.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Remeber a year or two ago, when it was a "thing" for "minority" restaurant servers to scribble up racist "no tip for you" messages on receipts, and post photos of it to Facebook for sympathy and $$$ (before being exposed as frauds)?

Victimhood is lucrative.

Victims can and do lie.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Starting to look like they’re just gonna try to ride this out and hopefully people will stop talking about it.

Kim Foxx exposed herself as just another race hustler when she threw in with the likes of Jesse Jackson and Rainbow Push.

It appears to me they were working in concert to get Smollett off the hook when things weren’t looking too good based on the evidence compiled against him.

i think they came up with the plan to have Smollett hang out for a couple of days at Rainbow Push so they could establish that he did some “community service” and it’s obvious that they pre-planned this because when the SA announced that the charges would be dropped in exchange for community service and forfeiture of the 10k bond it was stated that the service was already completed.

Then they quickly ran the deal past a judge in secrecy and had all the case files placed under seal.

Only then did they announce the shady deal had been done without even giving the CPD a heads up prior to the announcement.

Then it looks like they had a plan to deal with the blowback by recently circling the wagons over at Rainbow Push headquarters where they brought in some flamethrowers like Bobby Rush and then preceded to drop the race card and trash the cops.

I think the FOP and the gathering of Police Chiefs were correct with thier vote of no confidence and subsequent call for her to resign.

Kim Foxx has exposed herself as just another race hustler when she stood at the podium at the Rainbow Push gathering and preceded to deal the race card.

Anyway that’s my recap from my perspective on the way I saw how things went down.

Hopefully it won’t just fade into the sunset over time but it probably will.

People will eventually move on to the next scandalous ordeal that currently plagues this country.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    For Jussie... I think it's all in the Fed's hands now due the to "terrorist letter" he sent allegedly himself AT WORK.

No idea if it meets all the predicates for the crime, but if it does, watch out, this isn't done.

My gut tells me this is no different than the Trumpster who send all of the fake mail bombs... because he opened it at work, inducing fear and panic in others, but IANAL.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For Jussie... I think it's all in the Fed's hands now due the to "terrorist letter" he sent allegedly himself AT WORK.

No idea if it meets all the predicates for the crime, but if it does, watch out, this isn't done.

My gut tells me this is no different than the Trumpster who send all of the fake mail bombs... because he opened it at work, inducing fear and panic in others, but IANAL.
    Yeah I guess that mail thing is still an outlier but there’s been no mention of that for quite awhile so who knows what the status of that is.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Postal inspectors may not have been infiltrated by deep state leakers.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I didn't see any race hustle in the Kim Foxx news conference. She didn't "throw in" with Rainbow Push that I can tell, she went there because that's how you get an audience in Chicago, and since she's elected by those people, she's caring mostly about THEIR opinion, not the national media.

I think the decision she made was incredibly foolish from a political perspective. But from the perspective an overworked State's Attorney office with far more serious crimes to prosecute, I can see her decision as arguable at worst.

If we were a state's attorney having to prosecute crime in the cesspool of Chicago, we might actually agree with her decision to drop charges.

And it's very unfortunate that it has had the effect of seeming to vindicate an arrogant jerk of an actor who badly needs a bit of humility.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And it's very unfortunate that it has had the effect of seeming to vindicate an arrogant jerk of an actor who badly needs a bit of humility.

Just a bit of humility.....Bravo Sierra. This guy needs a serious taste of a west side Indy beat down. JMHO of course but he turned the entire country inside out for weeks. That alone is grounds for my opinion on his future.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I think the decision she made was incredibly foolish from a political perspective. But from the perspective an overworked State's Attorney office with far more serious crimes to prosecute, I can see her decision as arguable at worst.

If we were a state's attorney having to prosecute crime in the cesspool of Chicago, we might actually agree with her decision to drop charges.

Does the workload of a Chicago DA also justify the expungement of the arrest and sealing of records?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Just a bit of humility.....Bravo Sierra. This guy needs a serious taste of a west side Indy beat down. JMHO of course but he turned the entire country inside out for weeks. That alone is grounds for my opinion on his future.

Oh, I agree entirely. I just didn't want to put the full intensity of my feelings into words. I'd even be willing to administer such corrective inputs as a public service.

Top Bottom