Smoothest DA trigger in an available handgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Pythons are cool when you need to get your Ken Hutchinson on, or pretend you're John Roarke's buddy Paul using his Metalifed Python, but in real life Smith & Wesson are cooler.

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    The CZ75 PCR has a pretty nice factory trigger. The Sig Sauer short reset trigger also is pretty nice for a strait for the factory gun. I just recently bought a Smith and Wesson 586 L Comp that has a very nice double action trigger tuned by the Smith and Wesson Performance Shop.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That post just brought a tear drop to my eye.....Thank you Rhino....

I just remembered . . . Paul had a Browning Hi Power. I was wrong! I think John Roarke himself carried the Python in addition to his twin Detonics Combat Masters in a dual Alessi shoulder rig (with Milt Sparks Six-Pack on his belt, of course) and the two Detonics Scoremasters in the front of his waistband.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    One that surprised me when I tried it & hasn't been mentioned yet, is the Beretta M9A3. They actually got it pretty right on that gun. If they'd come up with this trigger on the 92 years ago, there would be a lot of happy people. (But at the $1k price tag, I'd say this light is going to remain hidden under a bushel at this point).

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm a really big fan of the beretta 92's double action trigger pull. With a D spring installed it's better than most revolvers I've shot.

The only thing smoother that comes to mind is my 686SSR after I stoned and shimmed the action.

I've had a number of DA/SA firearms, the beretta, P226, H&K USP, various revolvers, an IWI jericho... But the one that I always hit exactly where I'm aiming with using the DA pull is the H&K USP. It may feel gritty and uncomfortable, but by golly it's always spot on every time I break that initial DA shot, even though it feels like I wouldn't be able to hit the broad side of a barn with it.

IMO, that's really all that matters in the end. A trigger that doesn't work against you, but does what it's supposed to do without requiring much thought.
    ZRrNyhq.jpg

Top Bottom