• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don’t recall ever seeing a snake this time of year, but a few minutes ago I walked out to see what my dogs were up to, and our oldest male Jackson was growling and lunging at something in the leaves. I walked over to see what he was after and a small tannish brown snake was trying to get away from him!

The snake was moving pretty good, and got in the striking position when I walked up, but after wrangling him into a corner by the garage he wasn’t overly aggressive. He had a round head and round eyes, I’m not a snake expert, so I didn’t let him crawl around on me like I would a rat snake.

Anyway, just odd to see one this time of year.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    nope ropes. danger noodles. sneks. Gah!

I had to check your listed location... This is why I live in what Indiucky calls Canada.
    I don’t mind having them around as long as it isn’t a rattler or copperhead, they’ll pretty much keep rats and mice under control, and the smaller ones take care of bugs.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Went to Morgan-Monroe State Forest last weekend. It was pushing 55 F by the time we left. I didn't see a single timber rattler. Kind of disappointed.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If the place they picked to spend the winter gets warm enough, their metabolism will get going. A warm winter can actually be hard on them if they warm up to the point of burning a lot of fat reserves.

Top Bottom