• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    That is my biggest concern. I have been running the water for a spell every hour. One has to sleep at some point though.

I'm on a slab, and all my pipes are wrapped as they enter the slab (glad i picked that option when I built this place), but I've still been running water from every faucet as I can throughout the house. More worried about the softener in the garage at this point.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Sent my wife out yesterday to clean off the dish so we could watch football.........I thought she needed some fresh air.
    2am this morning 17 degrees.
    7am -1.3 degrees
    7:30 am -5.8 degrees
    County pretty much closed.
    I'm not going to work.
    Got plenty of food, & beer.
    Generator is ready to go.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    -12 here this morning with 24 MPH winds. Have three foot drifts in the driveway. WWKI is reading the list of closings and it sounds like all of North Central Indiana is shut down.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just finished texting the crew. I am officially closed but am in the office clearing the desk. Hope to leave by 1PM.

Not eating horses, but may get chicken tacos for dinner . . . if they are open.:D

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    My power came back on about 10 pm last night but now my cable is out , glad I have a seperate Internet connection .

I took my idiot dog out this morning to do his business and he wanted to play in it .

The snow over here is at least 12" but I haven't actually measured it , I think they said 13" a few miles down the road at the airport .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm on a slab, and all my pipes are wrapped as they enter the slab (glad i picked that option when I built this place), but I've still been running water from every faucet as I can throughout the house. More worried about the softener in the garage at this point.

Put a spot light on it. That will keep it warm enough.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I cleared the driveway at 1:00 yesterday and then my wife and I went for a ride in Michigan on the snowmobiles. When we returned home at 5:30 we had a foot of snow in the driveway again. It is fun to ride the sleds in but a pain keeping the driveway clean.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I love my kid and all, and Christmas break has been fun and all, but I do hope she goes back to school tomorrow. Be nice to have peace and quiet even if for a few hours.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    On my (currently vacant) rental, I had shut the water off at the main, but it wouldn't shut off all the way. Can't get the main shutoff in the house as the hot water heater tank blocks access :( . Still left the faucets open, but if power (and heat) was lost, then I'm fearing the worst.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Jeep said -5° on my way to work. I don't know wind chill. I feel sorry for northern INGOers, we got maybe 3" of snow instead of a foot like some folks and it's not as cold. Stay safe up there folks.

Top Bottom