• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    So today on my way home from work I hit a pot hole and busted the front passenger tire...in a pretty crummy neighborhood, they even said they were 'expiditing' my tow truck since i was in such a bad neighborhood (it still took them over an hour, ) but I felt much less nervous knowing I was prepared...lots of people drove by and stared ( i was in my company car) but not one stopped to help, not even the 1/2 dozen cops...then as soon as the tow truck guy finishes working on my car..another young gal pulls up behind me, she hit the same pot hole, blew the same tire on her car...come on now spring is coming we gotta get these craters fixed!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Contact the streets department and ask for a claim form.

You should be able to get your repair covered...maybe even towing.

-J-

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I've been lucky enough to avoid any problems so far. However, on more than one occasion, I've had concerns about getting pulled over for reckless driving or suspicion of DIU because of the way I had to drive to avoid the holes.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    OK no one has asked yet so why would one call a tow truck to change a tire. I can teach you how to do it if you would be intrested. Normally a cop will stop and make sure you stay safe while changing or even help with the change.

Sorry about the tire. Inquiring minds want to know?

WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    company vehicle, they would just soon you have it done than me do it...hybrid prius, lots of sensors and crap. technically speaking I know HOW to change a tire, i've just never actually done it, but I've watched/assisted. You know the girl can't do the work while the guy stands by to watch, and one time the tow truck driver had to beat the lug nuts free they were so tight. but thanks for the offer on the lesson :)

I'll report the hole for others who will hit it/bust tires, but THANKFULLY this is out of the company budget not mine. My luck I'd have had to replace all 4 tires on my truck if i'd blown one of those...then what would I spend tomorrow at the 1500

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm curious who is responsible for the pot holes on the 465 EB to 69 NB ramp (and on Binford/69 under the 465 bridge). The holes there are big enough to be basements. I actually saw a crew repairing the ones on the ramp, but the holes were back in less than 24 hours. I had to limp home from hitting it (before they repaired it) because it bent my wheel up bad enough to make the car wobbly, but not enough to drain the air from the tire, thankfully.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I'm curious who is responsible for the pot holes on the 465 EB to 69 NB ramp (and on Binford/69 under the 465 bridge). The holes there are big enough to be basements. I actually saw a crew repairing the ones on the ramp, but the holes were back in less than 24 hours. I had to limp home from hitting it (before they repaired it) because it bent my wheel up bad enough to make the car wobbly, but not enough to drain the air from the tire, thankfully.
    I can't answer your question, but I did see the news article the other day that told about 6 cars having to be towed during morning rush hour because of hitting a pothole(s) on 70W (IIRC). Must have been SOME pothole!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Id say Munice is much worse hate driving around there

Yes, Anywhere in Michigan

I've never been to Muncie and it's been several years since visiting Michigan, but I don't recall the pothole problem being anywhere near as bad as Indy...Maybe it has gotten worse since the last time I was there.

I wonder what the average life-span of a rim with low-profile tires is in Indy?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I vote Gary for worst potholes. Some are so big they're not even a pothole anymore, just a lower level of road.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    doesnt matter, the pot holes wont get fixed cause the teachers union wants all the money and the colts want all the money to host the superbowl.... what good is a superbowl if you cant drive on the roads to get there.

Top Bottom