• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nice. I’ve seen a few over the years I’d like to have. But...then I’d have to build a barn to store it in, etc., etc, etc.

Elnora has a nice show every Labor Day weekend.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yep, there’s a lot of turning. Plus the top speed is 6 mph, so there’s that :)

Let's see. I mowed the front lawn twice yesterday (long grass) in 2nd gear. That's [looking it up] about 4 mph...but if it went much faster, I'd run over everything.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    As someone who grew up with them, I always wished my dad and grandpa could have been into something cooler. Like restoring and collecting 60s muscle cars.:dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    As someone who grew up with them, I always wished my dad and grandpa could have been into something cooler. Like restoring and collecting 60s muscle cars.:dunno:

Look at it this way. In a few years, there are going to be kids whose grandpas and dads were into video games and graphic novels. Oof.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Look at it this way. In a few years, there are going to be kids whose grandpas and dads were into video games and graphic novels. Oof.

Well, as a newly minted grandpa, little baby Barrett won't have that problem.

Here I am boring him to sleep with stories of the barnful of 2 cylinder John Deeres he stands to inherit.;)

73Gx8l5l.jpg

What can I say, I know how to put a kid to sleep.:D

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Got the Oliver Super 77 hooked to the Hesston PT-10 yesterday evening and mowed the back field off. First time that tractor did work in a decade.

Next tractor to be dragged out and reconditioned is my Oliver 550. It was retired due to governor problems about 12 years ago. I miss being able to sneak under tree branches at the edge of the fields with it.

I couldn't tell you how many hats I have had go under the bush hog. Trees must hate hats or enjoy smacking me in the head is all I can say...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Got the Oliver Super 77 hooked to the Hesston PT-10 yesterday evening and mowed the back field off. First time that tractor did work in a decade.

Next tractor to be dragged out and reconditioned is my Oliver 550. It was retired due to governor problems about 12 years ago. I miss being able to sneak under tree branches at the edge of the fields with it.

I couldn't tell you how many hats I have had go under the bush hog. Trees must hate hats or enjoy smacking me in the head is all I can say...

I love those old Olivers. If I could have just one antique tractor, it’d be a 77 or 66 or something along those lines. Beautiful machines.

My (not so antique) JD tangled with a tree branch just yesterday. The exhaust pipe almost got laid down in my lap. :D Man, that happened fast.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

The last tractor my Grandpa used before my uncle took over the farm was an Oliver 88.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have never really worked on engines. My experience is woodworking, metalworking, and Jeeps. I’m already learning a lot from this tractor. The Farmall Touch Control Hydraulic system quit working on me. So I figured out how to fix that. I plan on rebuilding it and the hydraulic pump.
    Already changed the voltage alternator. And I plan on rebuilding the carburetor.

I’m hoping to get a good jump on the trailer by this weekend as well. I’m having fun :)

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I love those old Olivers. If I could have just one antique tractor, it’d be a 77 or 66 or something along those lines. Beautiful machines.

My (not so antique) JD tangled with a tree branch just yesterday. The exhaust pipe almost got laid down in my lap. :D Man, that happened fast.

When they are warm from use they are very subject to external influence...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The last tractor my Grandpa used before my uncle took over the farm was an Oliver 88.

I have one of those also. The 88 was the strongest tractor available in it's day. They run so smooth that people can't tell if they are gas or diesel. Your Grandpa was a wise man...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have never really worked on engines. My experience is woodworking, metalworking, and Jeeps. I’m already learning a lot from this tractor. The Farmall Touch Control Hydraulic system quit working on me. So I figured out how to fix that. I plan on rebuilding it and the hydraulic pump.
    Already changed the voltage alternator. And I plan on rebuilding the carburetor.

I’m hoping to get a good jump on the trailer by this weekend as well. I’m having fun :)

Old tractors were made simple and intuitive. They had to be able to survive with people rebuilding the entire vehicle with a pair of pliers, screwdriver, hammer and baling wire...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's looking great! Very nice! :yesway:

Thanks!

I’m not all that knowledgeable with electricity. I bought new LED lights for the trailer. And since the tractor is a 6v system, I don’t know how to wire it.
    And I’d like to use the trailer with my Jeep as well, because why not. So I think I’m just going to mount a battery box, and get a 12v battery. And figure out how to hook up a harness to it.

Top Bottom