• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    nice pics Lock n Load heres my AK collection so far. Still adding to it: AMD-65 and a yugo underfolder.

amd-65007.jpg

Thanks, the Yugo in the 2nd pic was actually Techres and then I traded it off to get the Bulgy SLR-95 milled receiver. ;)

Nice AKs.... how do you like the configuration of the AMD-65? (stock, front grip and the MB?)

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    If it's not chrome lined, in good shape, and you clean your rifles when you shoot them there I probably nothing wrong with them. But if you have the option, obviously it's better but not life or death. FWIW I have heard of the non-lined USA barrels being made if a lesser quality steel, so if you ever have the option of a chrome lined USA barrel, strongly consider the chrome lined!
    I have a pulled yugo barrel that a bullet case darn near drops in the barrel durin a bullet test. Some are just plain rotten!

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    To my knowledge there is only one US company producing Yugo barrels (Green Mountain) & they make both chrome & non-chrome lined versions.

Green Mountain makes pretty decent barrels, I have one of them on my Yugo & it's very accurate for an AK, nice relatively tight groups with little or no stringing, about as good as can be expected shooting surplus ammunition out an of AK anyway.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Thanks, the Yugo in the 2nd pic was actually Techres and then I traded it off to get the Bulgy SLR-95 milled receiver. ;)

Nice AKs.... how do you like the configuration of the AMD-65? (stock, front grip and the MB?)

I love the AMD-65!! its built on a real Made in Hungary FEG receiver, and the only thing I dont like is they didnt attach the rear sling mount, so im gonna have to weld one on.
    Its VERY lightweight. makes other AK's feel like a brick. and I got a great deal on it new in the box.

I went to a local shop today that I have always praised for their low prices and was appalled to see a couple AMD-65's they had that were WAY TO HIGH PRICED!!! also the other AK's they had were all WAY TO HIGH PRICED too!! it made me laugh out loud when I saw it. Also they were selling 9mm 31 round glock mags for $50. What a shame. it is price gouging and I dont know if I will go back there or not now because of it. I expected and always found better there. I wont trash their name, but people watch out and do your research before you go into a shop or buy any gun or accessory right now so you dont get ripped off!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    buy your yugo here and have it transferred. no tax and shipping is only like $15. even after the transfer fee to the local dealer you will be ahead if your gonna buy from a dealer.

Yugo AK 7.62x39 Underfolder Rifle

they are out of stock now, but im sure they will get more in.

I would just put a WTB ad in the INGO classifieds. you will get a hit eventually and a good price.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    buy your yugo here and have it transferred. no tax and shipping is only like $15. even after the transfer fee to the local dealer you will be ahead if your gonna buy from a dealer.

Yugo AK 7.62x39 Underfolder Rifle

they are out of stock now, but im sure they will get more in.

I would just put a WTB ad in the INGO classifieds. you will get a hit eventually and a good price.

Aside from being out of stock and not available for backorder at Centerfire.....

As I mentioned earlier, Yugo Century guns do seem to be less frequently jacked up than WASR's, but you still need to inspect them (any Century worked-on gun) very carefully. Careful inspection before buying can minimize your risk of getting a jacked up rifle. Yes, it can look great and still have a hidden flaw that surfaces when firing, but you are more likely to get problems buying sight unseen. For these reasons, I disagree with the above suggestion. If you must buy a "new" century rifle sight unseen, it would be very wise to get one from a company like Henderson Defense where the gun has been inspected and tested by an employee before they resell it. "Certified" as that outfit calls it, others are probably doing the same.

Edit: H.D. does not list the Yugo type rifle, but there are probably others that do inspect and certify rifles from Century before reselling. The message is the same.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Aside from being out of stock and not available for backorder at Centerfire.....

As I mentioned earlier, Yugo Century guns do seem to be less frequently jacked up than WASR's, but you still need to inspect them (any Century worked-on gun) very carefully. Careful inspection before buying can minimize your risk of getting a jacked up rifle. Yes, it can look great and still have a hidden flaw that surfaces when firing, but you are more likely to get problems buying sight unseen. For these reasons, I disagree with the above suggestion. If you must buy a "new" century rifle sight unseen, it would be very wise to get one from a company like Henderson Defense where the gun has been inspected and tested by an employee before they resell it. "Certified" as that outfit calls it, others are probably doing the same.

Edit: H.D. does not list the Yugo type rifle, but there are probably others that do inspect and certify rifles from Century before reselling. The message is the same.
    +1, I did get a CAI WASR 10 that had a tendency to double and triple fire. I did not send it back to them for fear it would come back canted, but rather repaired the problem myself.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    +1, I did get a CAI WASR 10 that had a tendency to double and triple fire. I did not send it back to them for fear it would come back canted, but rather repaired the problem myself.

That really sucks. The worst part is that you were sold a supposedly new rifle that in the wrong place at the wrong time, could have put you behind bars. If the alphabet police can reproduce the more than one round fired with one pull of the trigger, they could stick you. It would be terrible of them to do in that case, but regardless, you could get stuck. Good decision fixing it yourself. I'm sure others have gotten those and felt like they got a "good one" until the unlucky day comes when they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    That really sucks. The worst part is that you were sold a supposedly new rifle that in the wrong place at the wrong time, could have put you behind bars. If the alphabet police can reproduce the more than one round fired with one pull of the trigger, they could stick you. It would be terrible of them to do in that case, but regardless, you could get stuck. Good decision fixing it yourself. I'm sure others have gotten those and felt like they got a "good one" until the unlucky day comes when they are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I took it to the range at the store I bought it from immediately after purchasing it. They offered to fix it/send it back, but I liked everything else about it and told them I'd take my chances;) Two days later I returned to test it and all was good. They thanked me for not causing them trouble for selling it that way. It was all good though, I've spent nearly $20,000 there:) Good people, Bills Gun Shop and Range, Lexington MN and Robbinsdale MN. The problem comes in when the guys that thought they got a "good one" suddenly can't get it to stop until the mag is empty:scratch: and the ceiling is full of holes!

Last edited:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    [Tony Montana voice]
    Say hello to my new little friend!
    [/Tony Montana voice]

1001699v.jpg

1001698l.jpg

1001701f.jpg

Already has the Tapco g2 trigger installed.
    This magazine locks the bolt open most of the time, did I happen to get a yugo magazine? I haven't tried the other one yet, it's all cosmolined up still.

Everything seems to be a-ok with, of course I haven't fired it yet.

And what the hell is this?
    1001702.jpg

muzzle brake? it has threads on one end.

Top Bottom