• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    has to be a yugo mag, or a yugo mag knock off, to lock the bolt back. Its the mag, not the rifle, that makes the bolt lock back. That mag will do the same in other AKs. and when you pull the mag out, the bolt will fly forward. ;)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Somewhere, I saw instructions for modding a regular AK mag to "hold open" after the last round was fired. I think it was either at TheAKForum.net or Gunco.net in the AK discussion area. IIRC, there are a couple ways to do it, some of which cause you to lose 1 round of capacity and some of which don't.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I'm not too concerned about the bolt holding open.

I've heard there are aftermarket gizmos that you can install into an ak to make it hold the bolt open on it's own. I don't know anything about them, but if they turned out to work well that would be what I'd prefer.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    i agree with most people here...get the Yogo M-70 and put the solid black Tapco stock on it. I'm like you too...i dont want many mods. I'm only going to put a ghost ring mojo sight on mine. Thats all i need to make it my weapon of choice.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Got to fire it yesterday. Lots of fun, but my arms get tired holding that heavy thing up to shoot 30 rounds :D

All those people who complain about the metal folding stock are WRONG in my opinion.
    Recoil was unnoticable, it didn't smack me in the cheek, and it being cold didn't bother me either.

It was very accurate at 50 yards, and the sights were dead on.

I did have a couple misfeeds in each mag though. :(

I've got a little forward and back play in my mags, when I manually cycle the bolt and push forward on the mag, the bolt completely misses the round and slides over it, when I pull back on the mag it grabs the round fine.

So I think I need to extend the mag catch/release so that it holds the mag up into the gun a little further.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    might try using a surplus combloc mag instead of the korean mag to see if that fixes it. Lots of little issues with the QC from what Ive seen.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    By the way, the bolt never locked back for me at the range, but that could be due to the wobble.

I looked at a side by side comparison of ak mags, and there's a small difference between a yugo and any other mag.

Having seen that I now know both of mine are for sure yugo bho mags.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom