So much for freedom of speech and expression.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    One of my favorite t-shirts from RangerUp

And yes, I know a t-shirt is not a source of information.

yhst-50863389838911_2269_20775544__01925.1479401193.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    “In those wretched countries where a man cannot call his tongue his own, he can scarce call anything his own. Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech” – Benjamin Franklin

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Oh, but you`re exactly wrong on this. It`s hardly free if there`s a price to pay. This is the usual liberal response, and unacceptable, PERIOD!

Once again, WRONG. Our Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and speech. It`s only negotiable if sheep lay down their rights. What`s right is NOT right only when/if, it fits some predetermined criteria.

Seeing perspectives such as this explains everything about why this Republic is in the downward spiral it is in. Weak-willed, weak-minded souls...

You seem to like telling people they are wrong and flinging insults like weak-willed & weak-minded at those that disagree with you. Tell me, which entity raised you above the rest of us to determine what is wrong? Why is your opinion the correct one and why do you think that yours matters more that others?

Not sure what your purpose in this thread is other than to get a rise out of people. It started out like a runaway train right from your first post. Is there something you wish to rationally discuss or are you just stirring the pot for something to do?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    How about this exercise?

Show me the line in the Constitution that says it describes the limitations on, and the powers of the CITIZEN, and you will make me rethink my position.

If one understands that the Constitution is in place to supposedly prevent a despotic government, but, also to protect the rights of the individual from a mob, there is no explanation necessary.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So someone that works for me can feel free to say any damn fool thing he wants, reflecting on himself, the company, and me, but I'm the bad guy if I don't allow that? I'm the Gestapo if I want to make sure I and my employees are always mindful of the image I want to present of MY COMPANY????

WTF kind of stupid reasoning is this?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    “In those wretched countries where a man cannot call his tongue his own, he can scarce call anything his own. Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech” – Benjamin Franklin

Nice quote. Or I should say, snippet. Want to put the rest of the text out there. Since he was talking about the government. That kind of affects your quote.

Go up to a man and tell him in great deal violent and sexual things you're going to do to his wife and daughters.
    You're telling me, freedom means you can do that?
    Well, you can.
    You are still free to face the consequences.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If one understands that the Constitution is in place to supposedly prevent a despotic government, but, also to protect the rights of the individual from a mob, there is no explanation necessary.
    Looks as if someone didn't pay attention in school?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And I'm waiting for where you show me that the Constitution is in place to limit or describe the powers of the CITIZEN.

Still waiting.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You seem to like telling people they are wrong and flinging insults like weak-willed & weak-minded at those that disagree with you. Tell me, which entity raised you above the rest of us to determine what is wrong? Why is your opinion the correct one and why do you think that yours matters more that others?

Not sure what your purpose in this thread is other than to get a rise out of people. It started out like a runaway train right from your first post. Is there something you wish to rationally discuss or are you just stirring the pot for something to do?

I`m not the self-proclaimed angry one. And not at all. Not ever was I looking for a rise out of anyone, other than to stoke the flames of indignation in defense of someone who is guilty of nothing, except exercise what is supposed to be a fundamental right in America. What is the issue with trying to get people to reexamine their views and perspectives, in a land of ignorance and apathy?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I`m not the self-proclaimed angry one. And not at all. Not ever was I looking for a rise out of anyone, other than to stoke the flames of indignation in defense of someone who is guilty of nothing, except exercise what is supposed to be a fundamental right in America. What is the issue with trying to get people to reexamine their views and perspectives, in a land of ignorance and apathy?

And I'm waiting for where you show me that the Constitution is in place to limit or describe the powers of the CITIZEN.

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can lead you to a perspective, unfortunately, I cannot make you think.
    Well, you've said something we can agree on. You can not make someone think. Myself included.

Doesn't change the fact, I'M STILL WAITING on any law/rule/notice/etc. that shows that the Constitution of the United States is a limitation on, or a description of powers, of a CITIZEN.

Top Bottom