• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Please read the "Voting for lesser of two evils" thread.

Coats is a loser and he is a danger to freedom.
    To me that is a given.
    How do we send a message to the Republican party that we are tired of the sleazy RINO's as our candidates?

I cannot vote for Coats.
    That option is out for me.
    That leaves 3 options as I see it.

Don't vote.
    UnAmerican. I don't like this plan.

Vote Democrat.
    This has some merit, but we will end up with a Democrat senator.

Vote some 3rd party.
    This is better, but we still end up with a democrat senator.
    UNLESS... everyone votes 3rd party.
    which probably also won't happen or it Coats would have been defeated in the primary.

There has to be an answer.
    Any ideas?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    While I don't necessarily think it's true in THIS case, there might very well be the case that the Dem candidate is better than the Repub. candidate.

Also, "not voting", even if not voting for a particular race on the ballot, is just as much as a vote as checking a box for a particular person.

That's been my plan for this November, actually. I'll likely not be voting for any candidate on some of the sections of the ballot.

-J-

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I think a Dem Senator is a decent price to pay if it sends the right message to the RNC.

Yep I am inclined to agree with that. I will never vote for coats sorry turncoat azz...NEVER! Guess I vote for demo. Same goes for dick luger when he is up for reelection.:noway::noway:

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I think a Dem Senator is a decent price to pay if it sends the right message to the RNC.

RSB getting 10%+ of the vote would send a monstrous message to the RNC that they shouldn't cherry pick big government Virginians to run for an Indiana Senate seat.

Her winning would be the better option though. ;) Sends a message and gets someone in there who has read the Constitution.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    ***Making note of those whose voting preferences will speed us towards collapse. To cross-reference against those who preach to the rest of us that American can be saved at the ballot box and all the talk of "other" action is just bad juju.

I'm inclined to take my chances with Coats. At least there's a chance, no matter how small, that he won't be an idiot. I can't say the same about his opponent.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Yep I am inclined to agree with that. I will never vote for coats sorry turncoat azz...NEVER! Guess I vote for demo. Same goes for dick luger when he is up for reelection.:noway::noway:

Unless Brad Ellsworth holds the same views as you, a vote for the LP is a much better "Protest" vote than voting for the Dems. It would let both "major" parties know that you do not support them.

Although, if you find RSB's stances repugnant then of course don't compromise your principles.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm inclined to take my chances with Coats. At least there's a chance, no matter how small, that he won't be an idiot. I can't say the same about his opponent.

Aye, there's the rub. Back again to the "lesser of two evils".

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I tend to vote for the best candidate whether I like him or not. Which is exactly the lesser of two evils in the general election.

Primaries are about the only time you have a chance of getting who you really want on the ballot. More people need to vote in the primaries, that's usually the problem.

When it comes to General Election though, I'll vote for the lesser of two evils or the best available candidate. And in this specific race, I think that is Coats. I refuse to vote for the other guy just because I don't like a candidate. Line up their stances on all the issues and vote for the best one regardless of party.

:twocents:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

In this case voting for Elsworth is not a choice, he is a Obama/Pelowski puppet and will vote the way they want him to on anything.

I do believe that Coats has been quoted as saying that his vote on the AWB was a mistake.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The arrogance of the RNC would not change even if they lost every election in the country. It is a symptom of the complete disconnect between washington leadership and the rest of the country.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm told since I'm registered (R) an voted in primaries I can't cast a vote for any (D)....? I'm not voting for Coats or Lugar when he comes up, already told Lugar that.
    So wonder if I can vote for 3rd party like Burris? I believe Coats will win, but would love to email Coats an the (R) party an let them know why, an why I'm dissapointed in them....thats the best I can do.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The arrogance of the RNC would not change even if they lost every election in the country. It is a symptom of the complete disconnect between washington leadership and the rest of the country.

'meh, I'd rather take a rocket off the cliff than just keep scooting toward the edge until I eventually fell off.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm told since I'm registered (R) an voted in primaries I can't cast a vote for any (D)....? I'm not voting for Coats or Lugar when he comes up, already told Lugar that.
    So wonder if I can vote for 3rd party like Burris? I believe Coats will win, but would love to email Coats an the (R) party an let them know why, an why I'm dissapointed in them....thats the best I can do.

Whoever told you that is WRONG.

You can only vote on an R or a D ballot in the primary, but in the general you can vote for whoever you like.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN

You can vote for whoever you want.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am struggling with this also. First time I have ever, been this on the fence on what I want to do. It would be hard to vote Coats, even harder to vote for someone that will side with Obama and Reid. Since the polls are saying Coats will win by a landslide, I will likely vote 3rd party.

Top Bottom