• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Did anyone listen to the debate? RSB made a great point:If you vote for one of the two big parties despite not liking what they do, they can ignore you, because you're staying in line and giving "big government" your vote. If you do not vote, they can ignore you, because you're letting others make the "big government" choice for you (which is even better from what I perceive as their perspective; "Yes, little sheep, let others decide for you... We know better, after all...")
    There's only one way to give the DNC and the RNC a big bloody nose and have them both sit up and take notice, and that's to put someone in office who will not support Big Government, someone who will govern based on our founding principles and from the rock-solid basis of our Constitution.

I don't trust Ellsworth as far as I could throw him. (Turn)Coats says all the right things now, but once he's in office, we're stuck with him for six years no matter how he votes. His vote raped all of us back in 1994 and they say rapists are unable to be rehabilitated. I'm not bending over to make it easier for him.

The only way that RSB "doesn't have a chance" is if people who say they want change vote for more of the same. The shift of power back to the People has to begin somewhere. Let's start a revolution, a rebellion that takes place wholly within the voting booths of our state and in a completely peaceable manner. Let our weapons consist of our voices and our opinions, that our firearms be unnecessary.

Rebecca Sink-Burris has my vote and I encourage everyone to follow that example.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It was meant to convey the idea that it's counter-productive to elect one enemy of freedom over another.

It's a logical fallacy to think that electing an enemy of freedom will get you more freedom.

You get less freedom with either one, it's just a matter of scale, and in this case, the scale is quite small.

I'll vote for the person promising more freedom. If the GOP wants to start offering candidates that do the same in order to actually win an election, then we all win in the end.

Electing the lesser of two evils is a short term gain by means of less loss. It's still a loss in the long run.

I'll take a short term loss for a long term gain any day of the week.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My vote for Coats is to help stop the bigger threat: Reid and Obama. Coats is peanuts compared to those two. Neutralize the bigger threat, then work on him. If he wins we have 6 years to keep an eye on him. As far a Lugar goes, he is 78 now and will be 80 in 2012. Is he going to stay in? Thart will be a primary to watch.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I am struggling with this also. First time I have ever, been this on the fence on what I want to do. It would be hard to vote Coats, even harder to vote for someone that will side with Obama and Reid. Since the polls are saying Coats will win by a landslide, I will likely vote 3rd party.

As Bill Clinton would say..."I feel your pain."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Please read the "Voting for lesser of two evils" thread.

Coats is a loser and he is a danger to freedom.
    To me that is a given.
    How do we send a message to the Republican party that we are tired of the sleazy RINO's as our candidates?

I cannot vote for Coats.
    That option is out for me.
    That leaves 3 options as I see it.

Don't vote.
    UnAmerican. I don't like this plan.

Vote Democrat.
    This has some merit, but we will end up with a Democrat senator.

Vote some 3rd party. . .
    I think a Dem Senator is a decent price to pay if it sends the right message to the RNC.

What I see that the best way to send a message tot he RNC/GOP is not to vote for a Dem but to vote for a MORE CONSERVATIVE choice. If people vote for Democrat Ellsworth that is not really sending any message to the GOP at all, especially in this particular election where there is a question about turnout. Voting for Ellsworth would simply look like another Democrat showed up to vote.

ON THE OTHER HAND, a vote for the Libertarian candidate (Rebecca Sink-Burris) would send a message if she gets enough votes. Traditionally the Libertarians get about 3 to 5 percent of the vote. Want to send a message to the GOP that they need to straighten up their act, let's get the Libertarians 7 to 10% of the total vote. THAT will send a message.

My vote for Coats is to help stop the bigger threat: Reid and Obama. Coats is peanuts compared to those two. Neutralize the bigger threat, then work on him. If he wins we have 6 years to keep an eye on him. As far a Lugar goes, he is 78 now and will be 80 in 2012. Is he going to stay in? Thart will be a primary to watch.
    Coats will win with a WIDE margin. The only real way to get the GOP to wake up is to get them a message that we want REAL conservatives. Even if EVERY member at INGO voted for the Libertarian candidate for Senate Coats will win by a good margin. That said, we can, if we are smart, get the Libertarians a few more votes and that will drive their % of the vote up. Doing that will send a message to the GOP. (also to the Dems).

BY THE WAY, it is actually possible that the Secretary of State's position could be filled by a Libertarian after this election. No matter what your political leaning I hope everyone votes for the LIBERTARIAN for Indiana Secretary of State. That will shake up both parties!!!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    What I see that the best way to send a message tot he RNC/GOP is not to vote for a Dem but to vote for a MORE CONSERVATIVE choice. If people vote for Democrat Ellsworth that is not really sending any message to the GOP at all, especially in this particular election where there is a question about turnout. Voting for Ellsworth would simply look like another Democrat showed up to vote.

ON THE OTHER HAND, a vote for the Libertarian candidate (Rebecca Sink-Burris) would send a message if she gets enough votes. Traditionally the Libertarians get about 3 to 5 percent of the vote. Want to send a message to the GOP that they need to straighten up their act, let's get the Libertarians 7 to 10% of the total vote. THAT will send a message.

Coats will win with a WIDE margin. The only real way to get the GOP to wake up is to get them a message that we want REAL conservatives. Even if EVERY member at INGO voted for the Libertarian candidate for Senate Coats will win by a good margin. That said, we can, if we are smart, get the Libertarians a few more votes and that will drive their % of the vote up. Doing that will send a message to the GOP. (also to the Dems).

BY THE WAY, it is actually possible that the Secretary of State's position could be filled by a Libertarian after this election. No matter what your political leaning I hope everyone votes for the LIBERTARIAN for Indiana Secretary of State. That will shake up both parties!!!

That's what I was trying to convey in not so many words. The thought is that Rebecca Sink-Burris will only siphon votes from Coats allowing Ellsworth to win. I don't think that is the case, but even if it was, it would be acceptable to me to have Ellsworth win, if it sends a strong message to the RNC.

When Perot cost Bush the first his re-election that should have been a wakeup call. However, all it did was cause the RNC to focus on ways to keep a 3rd party out of the race.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That's what I was trying to convey in not so many words. The thought is that Rebecca Sink-Burris will only siphon votes from Coats allowing Ellsworth to win. I don't think that is the case, but even if it was, it would be acceptable to me to have Ellsworth win, if it sends a strong message to the RNC....

Yes, Rebecca Sink-Burris will only siphon votes from Coats, but Coats is SO FAR AHEAD in the polls that it would take a landslide of votes for Sink-Burris to have Ellsworth win. There is virtually no statistical chance that can happen at this stage, even if all the undecided voters go for Sink-Burris then Coats will still win.

However, if the Libertarians get DOUBLE their normal number of votes and Coats still wins, that sends a powerful message to BOTH parties.

Also, please consider voting Libertarian for Secretary of State :yesway:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I think that I see some sentiment that agrees with mine.
    RSB is probably the way I will vote.

Regarding this
    If he wins we have 6 years for him to run rampant on our rights and upset anything the Republicans try to do.
    Fixed it for ya'.
    Coats cannot be trusted.
    There is no 'keep an eye on him' that will be happening.
    He would be in for 6 years to do whatever he wants with no turning back.
    RUN! I tell ya'.
    RUN from Coats.:runaway:

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia

and if the Libertarian for the Secretary of State doesn't get enough votes then Libertarians will be banished from the ballot. This is why I am voting for the libertarian for Indiana Secretarty of State.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    and if the Libertarian for the Secretary of State doesn't get enough votes then Libertarians will be banished from the ballot. This is why I am voting for the libertarian for Indiana Secretarty of State.

Well its true, but historically the Libertarians have had enough to break the threshold and have been on the ballot. This year its likely they will get even more votes, largely because of the dissatisfaction of the voters.

Here is a link to Mike Wherry's Secretary of State campaign/website => Mike Wherry for Indiana Secretary of State

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    When Coats does win...

And When Coats does what Coats does...

Why can't "we" then start a recall process?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    88GT;1371526I'm inclined to take my chances with Coats. At least there's a chance said:
    Senate seats are 6 years and coats is older than dirt. If coats were younger, I might see some merit to that thought process.

At his age and getting a 6 year term, I don't see him caring much about reelection. He's likely to drop dead by then, lol.

Given that and his proven voting record of being a liberal and gun hating d-bag, I don't see any "chance" of a leopard changing it's spots.

I'm voting third party without any regrets for that seat.

I may also be casting my first ever vote for a democrat. Bob Harper in Porter county. His opponent is in favor of (among other big government projects) the RDA/tax train from hades. No way she's getting my vote. I have no idea if a 3p is running for county commissoner or not and I'm not sure if I can bring myself to vote for a D, but this guy (again unlike his opponent) has boatloads of signs paid for from his own pocket all over saying support the property tax cap.

How this guy is a D is beyond me... and the porter county GOP can suck it as far as I'm concerned. They are in favor of higher taxes and more agencies and regulations. I plan on sending a message in Nov. and also showing up at the next GOP meeting they have. If they ever give advanced notice of their shenanigans! :xmad:

The GOp ins NW Indiana is insanely liberal. I cannot condone it or endorse it in any fashion.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Senate seats are 6 years and coats is older than dirt. If coats were younger, I might see some merit to that thought process.

At his age and getting a 6 year term, I don't see him caring much about reelection. He's likely to drop dead by then, lol.

Given that and his proven voting record of being a liberal and gun hating d-bag, I don't see any "chance" of a leopard changing it's spots.

I'm voting third party without any regrets for that seat.

I may also be casting my first ever vote for a democrat. Bob Harper in Porter county. His opponent is in favor of (among other big government projects) the RDA/tax train from hades. No way she's getting my vote. I have no idea if a 3p is running for county commissoner or not and I'm not sure if I can bring myself to vote for a D, but this guy (again unlike his opponent) has boatloads of signs paid for from his own pocket all over saying support the property tax cap.

How this guy is a D is beyond me... and the porter county GOP can suck it as far as I'm concerned. They are in favor of higher taxes and more agencies and regulations. I plan on sending a message in Nov. and also showing up at the next GOP meeting they have. If they ever give advanced notice of their shenanigans! :xmad:

The GOp ins NW Indiana is insanely liberal. I cannot condone it or endorse it in any fashion.

Easier to vote for the Dems on a strictly local level; they may not be willing to drink the party kool-aid on larger issues. Anyone at state gov't level & above will either play ball with the leadership or be frozen out.

Having said that, while there might not be a whole lot of difference between the two parties here in Marion County, it took the 'R's over 20 years to get so corrupt I couldn't vote for them; it only took the 'D's four years...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Here is the problem with voting for Ellsworth instead of Coats in an effort to send a message to the RNC. The message they receive WON'T be the one you're trying to send.

If Coats gets beaten by someone further to the left, the Republicans as a party will decide that they need to be more left. After all, that's what people voted for. And you can expect them to do just that.

You want the Republican party to move to the right? You need to start voting for people from the right, instead of either 1) going with the lesser of two evils, or 2) voting for the greater evil thinking you're sending a message.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    You want the Republican party to move to the right? You need to start voting for people from the right, instead of either 1) going with the lesser of two evils, or 2) voting for the greater evil thinking you're sending a message.[/quote]

The problem is Hoosiers were prepared to do that an the GOP dug up retired Coats living in another state an brought him back here. I didn't want him. Coats had a name an too many sleeping sheep woke up long enough to vote for him.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    1) I will NOT vote Dem. That POS Ellsworth voted for the healthcare bill, and still believes in that bill.

2) Im not a fan of Coats, based on past experience, and what he has been doing for the last few years. BUT I liked most of his answers in the debate.

3) Sink-Burris is the person I want to vote for. My fear is that a vote for RSB, is a vote for Ellsworth. I will do what ever I have to, to make sure he doesnt get into office. That might mean I have to vote for Coats, but I am as of yet, still undecided.

At the present time, I plan to vote for RSB.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Let me say this as easy as I can:
    Rebecca Sink-Burris

Since the republican party puts up those that don't follow the people, like Coats and Lugar, then it is up to us to send a message and not vote for them. Luckily this time we have a third party candidate that is actually viable, so vote for her please.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    1) I will NOT vote Dem. That POS Ellsworth voted for the healthcare bill, and still believes in that bill.

2) Im not a fan of Coats, based on past experience, and what he has been doing for the last few years. BUT I liked most of his answers in the debate.

3) Sink-Burris is the person I want to vote for. My fear is that a vote for RSB, is a vote for Ellsworth. I will do what ever I have to, to make sure he doesnt get into office. That might mean I have to vote for Coats, but I am as of yet, still undecided.

At the present time, I plan to vote for RSB.

According to the polls Coats has a huge lead. It would take a lot of votes for Sink-Burris to give Ellsworth the win. I realize that I'm "wasting" my vote with Sink-Burris but I just can't bring myself to vote for the "giant douche" or the "turd sandwich" (south park reference) I don't see how Ellsworth will be much worse than Coats.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I know I am voting 3rd party this time which is something I don't normally do. My reasoning is that I will not vote for Dan Coats regardless of his opponent and I am cautious of giving the dems anymore help right now.

Top Bottom