So, what floats your boat in the summer of 2019?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I was starting to make progress on my original wonder 9 collection... now im into "not sleeping on the couch and affording real food again" kick

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Rimfire madness, rifle accuracy testing and popping my cherry with 3 tax stamps (suppressors). The .22 stuff is an absolute blast right now and is really helping me learn how to shoot rifles better. I've added a lever and bolt action back into the stable to mix things up a bit. Moving forward I have a new optic setup coming this week for my 5.56 BCM to begin playing around with 77gr ammo at 100-300 yards. I'm also hoping to get another bolt action still this year, heavily leaning towards a Ruger Ranch or CZ 527 in 7.62x39 to see what kind of accuracy I can get with surplus steel case ammo (almost laughable, but if you search around, others are getting good results surprisingly), plus this could be a .30 cal suppressor host for next year.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I am a .40 Glock fan boy, so when a great deal on a 3rd gen Glock-17, in 9mm came along, I got it last week and took it to the range the same day and was pleased as how it appeared as new, and very accurate for me. I almost worry that sending it back to Glock for night sights would somehow change point of impact, but if Jenkins doesn't have its annual "Glock Days" soon, I will have to send it in.
    Send it to Glock for sights? If you prefer Glock brand sights get a set and call me. There's no magic in a sight install and only one height front and rear for the 9mm/.40 slides. If it shoots to the sights now, changing to Glock night sights won't change a thing.
    To the original topic, I've rediscovered rimfires since the ammo is cheap and plentiful. Doing my best to wear out a 22/45 MK4 and a Taurus TX22 and enjoy it even more than I remembered.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    Glock & M&P certified armorer

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Send it to Glock for sights? If you prefer Glock brand sights get a set and call me. There's no magic in a sight install and only one height front and rear for the 9mm/.40 slides. If it shoots to the sights now, changing to Glock night sights won't change a thing.
    To the original topic, I've rediscovered rimfires since the ammo is cheap and plentiful. Doing my best to wear out a 22/45 MK4 and a Taurus TX22 and enjoy it even more than I remembered.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    Glock & M&P certified armorer

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

If happy with the current sight drift, mic the current sights left and right and put the new sights in the same location, + or - new sight length difference.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Right now it's 1911s in 9mm. Got bitten by the bug a couple years ago when Ruger came out with their SR1911 LW Commander in 9mm. That lead to the Ruger SR1911 Officer's Model in 9mm which is my EDC, a DW ECO, Vigil, and Valor. I love my CZs and S&W revolvers to pieces, but I can't seem to shake this 9mm 1911 bug.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Right now it's 1911s in 9mm. Got bitten by the bug a couple years ago when Ruger came out with their SR1911 LW Commander in 9mm. That lead to the Ruger SR1911 Officer's Model in 9mm which is my EDC, a DW ECO, Vigil, and Valor. I love my CZs and S&W revolvers to pieces, but I can't seem to shake this 9mm 1911 bug.

I need to run my 9mm 1911 more often.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I just generally sit back and wait for one of the dozens of guns I find interesting to pop up at a good price. Except for lever action alley and the sig row, my collection makes no sense whatsoever.

I did finally pick up an old caplock shotgun at Friendship that looks like a keeper. Very excited about that.

Bosbar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Just outside Indy
    I acquired this a couple of months ago, a unfired C-series BHP.
    n5z5aIX.jpg

ZqPSoBp.jpg

This is what it looks like now. I saved all the original parts so it can be restored to it's original condition.
    GXXnEEd.jpg

zhhOW9x.jpg

thewoods868

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2017
    Paoli
    1st was a Beretta 2032 Tomcat
    Now it’s a 2008 sig p226r Blackwater special edition with a srt trigger. This gun had only 140 rounds shot thru it. Is it a collector item who cares I’m in love and it is going to to be shot a lot!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I continue to enjoy AR15's this summer. There are just so many different configurations of both rifles and pistols ..... at least for me, it's hard to get bored with them.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I have to confess that I caught the Signess. In January, found a mint P226 9mm, brought it home for a carry/HD gun. It started a fever for a 320(M17), but prices are still hot as Mexico City! Caught a 15% Discount on Used 40 cal Shield, with 3 mags and Kydex holster(new, never used). Still watching for used 320 Sigs, but $ is still high. Couple days ago, saw a bunch of Kimber Micro 380acp's. Looked over a 2 tone model, 3 mags, all manuals with lock/box, handled it and fits my hand nice. Made an offer of $400, (was in case for $465), and walked out with a mint Kimber. Nice mini 1911 style, and saw a couple of new ones for $575.(2 mags only. 6 rds. Mine also had 7 rd with pad on bottom). I am done for a while. Did see some refurbished Sig 320s at CDNN Sports for under $400. (9mm and 40 cal.) Still looking but those seem priced fair and condition was listed as Excellent! 2-17 rd mags(9mm), 2-14 rd mags(40 cal) included. Also a Kydex holster pkg with each. Man, I'm almost sold! Gotta figure a transfer fee, and FFL. Haven't done an internet deal, like to look before I jump. Suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have to confess that I caught the Signess. In January, found a mint P226 9mm, brought it home for a carry/HD gun. It started a fever for a 320(M17), but prices are still hot as Mexico City! Caught a 15% Discount on Used 40 cal Shield, with 3 mags and Kydex holster(new, never used). Still watching for used 320 Sigs, but $ is still high. Couple days ago, saw a bunch of Kimber Micro 380acp's. Looked over a 2 tone model, 3 mags, all manuals with lock/box, handled it and fits my hand nice. Made an offer of $400, (was in case for $465), and walked out with a mint Kimber. Nice mini 1911 style, and saw a couple of new ones for $575.(2 mags only. 6 rds. Mine also had 7 rd with pad on bottom). I am done for a while. Did see some refurbished Sig 320s at CDNN Sports for under $400. (9mm and 40 cal.) Still looking but those seem priced fair and condition was listed as Excellent! 2-17 rd mags(9mm), 2-14 rd mags(40 cal) included. Also a Kydex holster pkg with each. Man, I'm almost sold! Gotta figure a transfer fee, and FFL. Haven't done an internet deal, like to look before I jump. Suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance.
    doddg, is that you??

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    Got a wild hair and took the Benelli SBE (l) that I hunt with, to the sporting clays range. Broke the exact same number that I normally average with the Beretta model 391 "Sporting". Had that SBE close to 20 years, and we get along good. (I did change ammo. Used a slightly faster 1 1/8th ounce load, to keep that action working.) Next on the list: Couple years ago, I picked up a NIB Colt 1911 2nd gen series 70 as an investment. Colt was in trouble at the time and I gambled that they might not make it and NIB Colt stuff would appreciate. Well, so much for that gamble, but that unfired series 70 is crying out to be shot.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've taken a break this summer from the gun buying after a busy winter and spring which included:

Rimfires: Winchester 290 Deluxe, Scout RFR .17 HMR, Ruger 22/17 .17WSM, S&W 622 and a Single Six Hunter

Long guns: DP-12, 2 Steyr Pro-Hunters, and a CZ 550 FS

Handguns: PMR 30, Beretta APX, Super Redhawk .41 mag, Witness 10 MM

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I just generally sit back and wait for one of the dozens of guns I find interesting to pop up at a good price. Except for lever action alley and the sig row, my collection makes no sense whatsoever.

I did finally pick up an old caplock shotgun at Friendship that looks like a keeper. Very excited about that.

Of course, the day after I said that I walked into the gun shop in Winchester and they hooked me with a mossberg. 243....

Those guys is the devil!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    just picked up a S&W MP 15-22 yesterday to "upgrade" my RFRO steel gun.
    it's my 1st AR platform rifle.

mounted my dot last night, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

:cheers:

Top Bottom