• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I figured I'd register over there since I'm already a member of ARF.com and I love EBRs. but I can't post anything, even after responding to the confirmation email. I sent a PM to a staff member and haven't heard anything.

I figured I would be allowed to join because I own a Colt. I guess they found out I have a PSA and BM/DS Arms frankengun and I got the blackball. :laugh:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've found a couple of boards dedicated to AR formats and I just can't do it. I'll read the public stuff but when you see people that have been a member for 2-3 years with 30,000+ posts and they're talking trash about everyone's shooting technique or talking theory about which stance/hold is best for an operator, when they admit that they've taken a class or 2 but mostly just punch holes in paper...I just read what seems worth it and laugh at those that take themselves so seriously. I've seen a few on a couple boards that probably haven't pulled a trigger in years with as many posts they have collected.

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    The dictator that runs that forum probably knows you are an ARF member and since he was banned from there he wont let you play in his sand box. But he should be happy to chime in soon and explain how no one knows more than him. G and R tactical where the customer is always wrong.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The dictator that runs that forum probably knows you are an ARF member and since he was banned from there he wont let you play in his sand box.

Or maybe it was just a technical glitch that's keeping him from posting? :dunno:

When it comes to "gun forum conspiracy" everyone always assumes the worst. :D (I see it every day, lol)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    The dictator that runs that forum probably knows you are an ARF member and since he was banned from there he wont let you play in his sand box. But he should be happy to chime in soon and explain how no one knows more than him. G and R tactical where the customer is always wrong.

lol i had no idea about the politics. I just saw it was another forum to talk about EBRs. I have heard several times that only certain brands are approved over there, but since I have one of them I would be allowed in. :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The dictator that runs that forum probably knows you are an ARF member

Did you know the "dictator" in question is also an INGO member? :eek:

M4C has some good information, but the noise-to-signal ratio is has grown considerably higher over the years. I don't read or contribute much over there anymore.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Did you know the "dictator" in question is also an INGO member? :eek:

M4C has some good information, but the noise-to-signal ratio is has grown considerably higher over the years. I don't read or contribute much over there anymore.

lol, then maybe you can ask him to activate my account. :laugh:

i don't know anything about dictators....seems like there is always someone on EVERY board who has a beef with the mod staff. The only issue I ever had was with the S&W forum mod because I called someone a punk after another member quoted OT passages to justify being a bigot. That place is a strange forum. :laugh:

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Or maybe it was just a technical glitch that's keeping him from posting? :dunno:

When it comes to "gun forum conspiracy" everyone always assumes the worst. :D (I see it every day, lol)
    ...that is what someone on the inside would say, isn't it?

You stay out of my safe, snob!

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    They have some of the best technical info on the AR.....yes there is a lot of brand snobbery but you can get some good info there. I have ordered from G&R several times and have always had a good experience.

Horse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    M4C is one of the best forums on the net period.

I don't even own an M4gery but I stop by there just about every day.
    Not other forum has more real users - and especially QUALIFIED users than M4C.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I love ARFCOM. I like the way they run their Equipment Exchange and there are a ton of genuine high-speed type guys who use their rifles for a living over there. There are a bunch of posers too but you will get that anywhere.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    lol after less than 12 hours of being on that forum, i've seen enough. The answer to every question is literally Colt or BCM. And if you suggest PSA, they ignore your post and then talk about you as if you can't read their posts.

and the moderators tear new guys up for asking questions. If i;m supposed to google everything, why even have a forum at all?

it's no wonder that their main competitor forum has way more members.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    what a warm welcome this guy received :nailbite:

Colt 6720 vs 6920 - M4Carbine.net Forums

LOL..... no questions for you......

n00b-12280.jpg

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    What did you expect? No forum can be as kickass awesome as INGO ;)

that is actually true. of any forum i belong to, gun or not, INGO is the best. At least when someone answers "Brand X is the bestest!!!" they usually aren't jerks about it.

And the mods don't cut people done and call them arrogant or posting newbie questions.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    lol after less than 12 hours of being on that forum, i've seen enough. The answer to every question is literally Colt or BCM. And if you suggest PSA, they ignore your post and then talk about you as if you can't read their posts.

and the moderators tear new guys up for asking questions. If i;m supposed to google everything, why even have a forum at all?

it's no wonder that their main competitor forum has way more members.

Yea, Ive been on there and Id rather take and underwater basket weaving class than deal with some of the crap over there. The moderators are worse than members most of the time. +1 to your googleing everything. I mean, I understand the search function, dont get me wrong, but something may have changed from 2 years ago when it was last covered. I bet my nephews Oly punches paper just as well as their Nov/BCM/Colt. But since his Oly isnt $2000 is sucks. Id rather spend my time somewhere where member spend more time helping than attempting to flame or demean someone.

Top Bottom