• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Well that looks interesting. Not much of a cooking area however. I have used one of the small kids home diy things and it took forever. This does look like it can cook fast

Wirednot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2022
    Avon
    Well that looks interesting. Not much of a cooking area however. I have used one of the small kids home diy things and it took forever. This does look like it can cook fast
    If you pack it right, supposedly holds three pounds. It does get up to almost 500 degrees in there. Did a pack of Italian sausage in about 45 minutes in full sun, FWIW. I know there are other solar ovens out there, but I haven’t seen any of them up close myself.

Wirednot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2022
    Avon
    Theoretically it should, but the temp builds up at it’s own pace and the chamber would probably only give a serving at a time. But now I gotta try it!

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not solar powered, but the old scout reflector oven is usually a part of our larger group canoe trips.

They're more expensive than they used to be, but still worth it.

I have used one of those. I didn't like all the spring clips, but it worked pretty well. I am thinking about purchasing one of these (below) and seeing if I like it any better. The self-contained folding aspect is why I switched my stick stove to a Firebox from a tab-style unit. Just dead simple to set up, especially in the cold.

Canoeing, eh? My son and I do a bit of that. Maybe we should attempt to link up some time.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have used one of those. I didn't like all the spring clips, but it worked pretty well. I am thinking about purchasing one of these (below) and seeing if I like it any better. The self-contained folding aspect is why I switched my stick stove to a Firebox from a tab-style unit. Just dead simple to set up, especially in the cold.

Canoeing, eh? My son and I do a bit of that. Maybe we should attempt to link up some time.
    Started canoe tripping after my son graduated. Hiked a bunch before that, but got into paddling even more when I started going with a former co-worker.

Would be happy to make a paddling acquaintance, especially in my neck of the woods.

Top Bottom