• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sailor was giving you an "Attaboy" for getting a training group together (something he is known to do as well).

:yesway:

You got it. I am not losing any guns to boating accidents, I am at the point where I don't care, I want them to know whats out there.

I think a thick file should be goal.

Great job really, looks like some good drills. Did you guys throw in any medical to your drills? Guy gets shot in the leg and needs a TQ or something. Or some comms, communicating to a base or QRF. Looks like you guys are plenty safe enough to through in some more stress.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Wow. Well Sailor we are on the same page then. I've still got all my guns as well. :cool:

As for medical we just ran out of time. We started shooting early and didn't finish until dark.

We do have more than qualified people to teach it though.

Kenneth (tan SCAR) is waiting for selection and he is a medic. I'm a nurse in the ER in Gary. That is a great idea for the next class!

I am also thinking a long range class is in order as well.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    You could have your long range guys soften up a target while a small group of you move in to remove a downed team mate (range dummy) put on a TQ and bound back. Using FRS for comms. Set up a video cam you will a lot to discuss.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You could have your long range guys soften up a target while a small group of you move in to remove a downed team mate (range dummy) put on a TQ and bound back. Using FRS for comms. Set up a video cam you will a lot to discuss.

HOLY MOLY that sounds awesome! This event was focused on individual training. Now that we have a good foundation we can work on team tactics. After a refresher battle drill one is on deck.

Moving on a target while it is being engaged might be a few sessions off. We do have two long range shooters in the group though. The only problem is only one can do the math.:n00b:

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    I was just about to post a new thread asking if there were individuals or groups that conducted training togeher. I would be interested in getting in contact with somebody on how to join them or get together and start one. I would appreciate somebody dropping me a line.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    just looking at the pics and what you guys did, I know my quads and knees would be shot for days...looked like some serious fun though!

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    HOLY MOLY that sounds awesome! This event was focused on individual training. Now that we have a good foundation we can work on team tactics. After a refresher battle drill one is on deck.

Moving on a target while it is being engaged might be a few sessions off. We do have two long range shooters in the group though. The only problem is only one can do the math.:n00b:

I might have an app for that. ;)

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    6cc1fcbd.jpg

5b950c1b.jpg

f5b69566.jpg

Turnandshoot4 running the dot torture drill:ar15:
    3bfceed5.jpg

More dot torture