• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Cindy, I had a p3AT and a p32. Ended up selling the .380 to trade up to a 238. I love it, and don't want to get rid of it, but that's mostly cause I'm a Sig nut. I ended up carrying the p32 most of the time because of the concealability. Just disappears in a cheap de santis pocket holster. The reduced recoil from the .380s is just a bonus. I'm only 5'7", so I get the size vs concealability thing. My lil p32 works for.me.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Anyone have the S&W 380 Bodyguard? Is it reliable and easy to conceal? I think it looks kinda fugly, but that doesn't matter much to me. I don't think i've ever actually held one. hubby kinda likes the idea of that one. it interests me, too.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    My sister gets this all the time when she goes anywhere near guns. We have had idiots at ranges actually ask her where her pretty little pink 22 is... and then proceed to walk away around the time she pulled out her 10 gauge.

As a male I feel the need to apologize for my gender, by and large we are idiots.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My sister gets this all the time when she goes anywhere near guns. We have had idiots at ranges actually ask her where her pretty little pink 22 is... and then proceed to walk away around the time she pulled out her 10 gauge.

As a male I feel the need to apologize for my gender, by and large we are idiots.

No apologies needed- my hubby feels the same way. We are all idiots at times! I guess some of these guys are insecure, so they have to try to make themselves look tough. My hubby is proud of me, and brags about me often. He even brags about me beating him on a motorcycle drag strip years ago. He has his faults, but discriminating against women isn't one of them. He'll be the first to encourage a woman to take on a male-dominated activity.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone have the S&W 380 Bodyguard? Is it reliable and easy to conceal? I think it looks kinda fugly, but that doesn't matter much to me. I don't think i've ever actually held one. hubby kinda likes the idea of that one. it interests me, too.

It's not MY Bodyguard, but the boyfriend owns it. I haven't put enough rounds through it to say anything other then I don't like the trigger pull. (Which I'll probably work through and have to *ahem* "acquire" my own! ;)) As for concealability, I would say it would be fairly easy. I'm 5'6 and could do IWB with it and my clothing is fairly tight. There's no way I could put it in my pocket. It's just a tiny bit larger then the P3AT, but the difference is not noticable in my hands. I'll bring his attention to this thread and have him give you his opinion.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been looking for a "pocket gun" for a while now. I admit to being a 1911 guy and I like a gun with a safety. I also dislike DAO pistols for the sometimes very looooong trigger pull. I think it effect accuracy even when you are very experienced with the gun. All that being said, I bought a sig p238 Sunday afternoon. The range I go to isn't open on Monday or Tuesday so I have to wait until tomorrow to shoot it. I did a lot of research and my expectations are that I will be able to give you a very favorable report.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i have a Colt Mustang for sale in the classifieds.....pm me if your interested...

13z93ko.jpg

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    It's not MY Bodyguard, but the boyfriend owns it. I haven't put enough rounds through it to say anything other then I don't like the trigger pull. (Which I'll probably work through and have to *ahem* "acquire" my own! ;)) As for concealability, I would say it would be fairly easy. I'm 5'6 and could do IWB with it and my clothing is fairly tight. There's no way I could put it in my pocket. It's just a tiny bit larger then the P3AT, but the difference is not noticable in my hands. I'll bring his attention to this thread and have him give you his opinion.
    hey! i'm the BF with the bodyguard, gotta say so far i love it, bought it for summertime "pair of cargo shorts" concealed carry and gotta say i'm pleased. it will chew up anything i run thru it without a hiccup and with pretty darn good accuracy at anything up to 50ft. the trigger is HEAVY and LONG. why s&w felt the need to put a manual safety on a gun with this kind of trigger is beyond me but, whatever, i just don't use it.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I thought this thread was about sex, I get plenty. I love my GF.

She buys her own Glocks, AR's and PCR's, I gave her a shotgun. FYI Shooter521 at Bradis treats chicks like real customers.

Then there is Patty at Tactical shotgunner. She is a chick, she treats everyone nice, except me.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I thought this thread was about sex, I get plenty. I love my GF.

She buys her own Glocks, AR's and PCR's, I gave her a shotgun. FYI Shooter521 at Bradis treats chicks like real customers.

Then there is Patty at Tactical shotgunner. She is a chick, she treats everyone nice, except me.

Well...it could also be about sex, because guys who acts like pigs might not get any!:D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I got to shoot my new Sig P238 yesterday. I think you will be pleased. I also own a Bersa .380. Despite being considerably smaller the Sig's barrel rise was no more than the Bersa. About the only drawback was that the Sig's accuracy at range dropped off much faster than the Bersa. Of course, being a much smaller frame and a shorter barrel, that is to be expected. The Sig was awesome and I would highly recommend it.

climber409

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Franklin
    I carry a kel tec pf9 and p32.The p32 is the same size as the 380.They have been very reliable.My 9mm is easy to forget that it is inside my waistband.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    There is no easy fix for what you are describing. It's still a man's world in many respects, especially guns, etc. It may not be what you want to hear but the workplace and media has kind of made it seem otherwise. Some gun shops just suck and gun shows are dysfunctional at best. Walk the walk and vote with your dollars.

As for a .380 ? Not fun to shoot but easy to conceal. If you plan on practicing more than once a year, you might consider something larger, longer, etc. I hear there's a low recoil round for the .380 but never got around to trying one.

Top Bottom