• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    No, haven't seen it yet. There was very little promotion around it when it was released, which surprised me. I think it only played in art house theaters when it came out.

All of the original actors and worth a watch.

That and no re-watchability (not sure that is a word) because he goes for the big twist... Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, etc.

I don't know, I will watch Sixth Sense again from time to time if I see it is on and near the beginning. It isn't one I'm drawn into watching if it is well into it, though (unlike Dune where I'll gladly watch the last 5 minutes, the whole thing or any portion in between, for some reason).

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    All of the original actors and worth a watch.

I don't know, I will watch Sixth Sense again from time to time if I see it is on and near the beginning. It isn't one I'm drawn into watching if it is well into it, though (unlike Dune where I'll gladly watch the last 5 minutes, the whole thing or any portion in between, for some reason).

Aw ****. . . . .now you're going to get the Dune purists into a panty bunching snit!!!:faint:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can watch Matt Helm and Flynt movies every time they are on.

The Green Berets
    Seven (I used to hope beyond hope that the ending would change each time I watched it, but since I'm no longer a fan of Gwyneth Paltrow, I can handle the ending).
    Kiss the Girls
    Above the Law
    Under Siege
    Hard to Kill
    Marked for Death
    Out for Justice
    Fire Down Below
    Glimmer Man
    Full Metal Jacket
    Cadence
    13 Hours
    It (the original TV mini series)
    Salem's Lot (the original TV mini series)
    The Raven (with Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff)
    Night of the Living Dead (remake)
    Dawn of the Dead (remake)
    Land of the Dead
    28 Days
    Road Warrior
    Ransome
    Payback
    Last Man Standing

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    The Road and The Mist...

Wow, third (at least) mention of The Mist. I'm not sure about the others, but, for me, it isn't that it was a bad movie or that some twist makes it un-re-watchable, it is just that I won't do that to myself again.

If you haven't seen it, I'd advise watching it during the day in case you have to make a phone call or check in with anybody afterwards so that you're not waking anyone up.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I like "The Mist" . . . until the ending. Like the rest of you, it's just not something I want to put into my brain again. When I read that Stephen King really liked the director's ending for the movie, I was disappointed in him.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I like "The Mist" . . . until the ending. Like the rest of you, it's just not something I want to put into my brain again. When I read that Stephen King really liked the director's ending for the movie, I was disappointed in him.

I enjoy most of his writing, with the noted exception of Gerald's Game, I just couldn't finish it. It has to be difficult to translate that type of horror to film, b movie budget film at that. I have been disappointed with a lot of the attempts.

Salem's lot , The Stand and the Dark Tower series of books are probably my favorite's. The Salem's Lot movie wasn't good, The Stand Mini Series was OK. I haven't seen the Dark Tower yet but the daughter has suggested that I not bother because she is still pissed off about how messed up it is.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I enjoy most of his writing, with the noted exception of Gerald's Game, I just couldn't finish it. It has to be difficult to translate that type of horror to film, b movie budget film at that. I have been disappointed with a lot of the attempts.

Salem's lot , The Stand and the Dark Tower series of books are probably my favorite's. The Salem's Lot movie wasn't good, The Stand Mini Series was OK. I haven't seen the Dark Tower yet but the daughter has suggested that I not bother because she is still pissed off about how messed up it is.

"The Dark Tower" is definitely not the book! If you don't know the story, it's a reasonably good action film. I saw "Salem's Lot" in 8th grade I think, which was long before I read the book. It scared the crap out of me. Still does! James Mason was super creepy.

I read The Stand before I saw the mini-series and I like both. Gary Sinise is always good.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    How come nobody has mentioned - "Attack of the Killer Donuts"? No cop can resist seeing this film.
    Surprisingly, it IS actually worse than it sounds.

In all fairness, even bad movies should be seen twice. The first showing gives you a baseline to start from, and the second showing is to make sure it was as bad or good as you thought it was. Sometimes a third showing is necessary in case you were drunk or fell asleep during the second time through.

Top Bottom