• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It is confusing. It is also silly. Address the real issues. Get the membership in line. If you see someone acting the fool call them on it. I have. I have also been set right myself. Police the site. Not NAZI like but keep it running.

Not all members are so responsible, just last night I had a member ***** at me because another member asked him to sign in before shooting. Many members will not confront issues because they don't want to deal with people like this, I can't blame them a bit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not all members are so responsible, just last night I had a member ***** at me because another member asked him to sign in before shooting. Many members will not confront issues because they don't want to deal with people like this, I can't blame them a bit.

Sounds similar to being a mod......:)

Signing in lists who was there/when/caliber's used. A record that will be useful if need be for the member and the club.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

+1. It's difficult to make rules that are reasonable, effective, and enforceable. It's also tough to be on the Board, because lots of people complain or give "feedback", but precious few people are assertive enough to offer a friendly reminder to members who are breaking the rules that already exist.

Anybody got a list of the rule updates that have been passed this year?

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    CM, What I meant by my statement is, The range had an officer that was willing to be there and oversee the stupidity and correct it as it happened and some members didnt like this.

So now, if the rules state no shooting of clay targets on the berms ( which i don't think is a rule YET)so be it! As stupid a rule as it may seem,, rules are rules.

Hmm kinda like the classified sec. rules.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    CM, What I meant by my statement is, The range had an officer that was willing to be there and oversee the stupidity and correct it as it happened and some members didnt like this.

So now, if the rules state no shooting of clay targets on the berms ( which i don't think is a rule YET)so be it! As stupid a rule as it may seem,, rules are rules.

:n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have no issue with the rules regardless. If they are posted where they can be read and followed. I see the reasoning for some of the locations referred to because of Ricochet. But the berms.........that I do not get.

As to the classy's rules.....sit in my chair and you will soon see why the rules are there.

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    FYI, the "blackballed" RO he speaks of is your friend who got physical and caused your springer to hit the deck. Good riddens IMO.
    He was not blackballed. And is at the range at least 3 times a day looking after the range.With the boards blessing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He was not blackballed. And is at the range at least 3 times a day looking after the range.With the boards blessing.

If you are referring to the gentlemen I see out there it is not the same man and if it is he has aged/withered a bit since the incident we are speaking of.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    To those who are doubting the rule change about clays on the berms, regardless what the printed rules say, just know that I have been personally informed of this rule change by two different board members. It's a thing, and now it's apparently the law.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    To those who are doubting the rule change about clays on the berms, regardless what the printed rules say, just know that I have been personally informed of this rule change by two different board members. It's a thing, and now it's apparently the law.

Regardless, it's still ****ing stupid. What is the reasoning? Because someone did something retarded that happened to involve a clay pigeon?

Better go ahead and ban paper targets as well just in case some idiot decides to shoot them off the trap house instead of the stands.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Regardless, it's still ****ing stupid. What is the reasoning? Because someone did something retarded that happened to involve a clay pigeon?

Better go ahead and ban paper targets as well just in case some idiot decides to shoot them off the trap house instead of the stands.

Come out on Thurs Night and take a look at the Trap Houses ... :):, well I guess it's not funny. If you want the rules changed come out to the Monthly Meetings and speak your piece.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I call bull****. There is nothing in the rules forbidding shooting clays against the berm as long as you aren't throwing them (in the bays), and the bullet impacts the berm and not the ground.
    "Only target types listed below are allowed on the range. No targets of opportunity (i.e. birds, rocks, soda cans, etc.) are allowed." <<<<< What part of "target of opportunity" does NOT describe a clay pigeon placed on the berm?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    "Only target types listed below are allowed on the range. No targets of opportunity (i.e. birds, rocks, soda cans, etc.) are allowed." <<<<< What part of "target of opportunity" does NOT describe a clay pigeon placed on the berm?

See post #18, the new rule, the website has the old rules.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    See post #18, the new rule, the website has the old rules.

I still don't see how that addresses placing them at the base of the berm... It specifically addresses where they can and cannot be thrown.

Also why?? Why would the website not have the CURRENT rules? Wouldn't that be the absolute fastest and easiest way to make that information available to the members?

Apparently I need to make time to attend these meetings...

Top Bottom