• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can only relate what was told to me, basically the rule only explicitly allows aerial use of clay pigeons.

They need to update the web-site. They are doing so much to improve the place what the heck is the hold up on getting the current rules out to be reviewed. I get seriously upset when I am called out on something I was not aware of.
    Following the rules is no issue for me or my guests but 1st......we have to be aware of them.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    They need to update the web-site. They are doing so much to improve the place what the heck is the hold up on getting the current rules out to be reviewed. I get seriously upset when I am called out on something I was not aware of.
    Following the rules is no issue for me or my guests but 1st......we have to be aware of them.

I don't have a problem with this rule, there are steel targets to shoot.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

+1

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Shooting clays off the berms was fun, and, arguably safer than paper targets because they're usually lower (less chance of a round exiting the range). I don't understand the rule, but I certainly have no issue with compliance.

Last edited:

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    The rules have been updated on the website: MCFG Indy Range - Shooting Range Rules and Property Rules. Rule #21 states, "Only target types listed below are allowed on the range. No targets of opportunity (i.e. clay birds, rocks, soda cans, etc.) are allowed."

I wasn't in the clubhouse during the discussion on why this change was made, but the change was made and I recommend that everyone follow it and not place clay birds/pigeons on the berms on the main range or in the bays.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The rules have been updated on the website: MCFG Indy Range - Shooting Range Rules and Property Rules. Rule #21 states, "Only target types listed below are allowed on the range. No targets of opportunity (i.e. clay birds, rocks, soda cans, etc.) are allowed."

I wasn't in the clubhouse during the discussion on why this change was made, but the change was made and I recommend that everyone follow it and not place clay birds/pigeons on the berms on the main range or in the bays.

Chris,
    Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to volunteer, and to keep us up to speed on this important rule change. I'm thankful that the rule book and website got updated by the Board, and that you let us know about it.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville
    Can we shoot pigeons hanging from a wire (attached to the target frame) or clipped to a backer, attached to the target frames?
    We shoot hanging pigeons and pigeon boards in the N-SSA.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Can we shoot pigeons hanging from a wire (attached to the target frame) or clipped to a backer, attached to the target frames?
    We shoot hanging pigeons and pigeon boards in the N-SSA.
    The way I understand the current rules to read, the answer is NO to all the options you've listed. However, if you want confirmation, stop by the club meeting convened every 1st Tuesday of the month and check with the Board members or one of the RSO's.

Top Bottom