• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I was in Lafayette on a Sunday few weeks ago got plastered the night before looked like s!):t.
    I was still to drunk to drive I had to get to wal mart to get some mouthwash and toothpaste my mouth smell like a Camel crapped in it.
    So I took a cab to Wally world got my stuff and was going back out to this cab.
    This dude came out he was about 6ft. 215 walked with a limp wearing a bright a$$ yellow jersey blue jeans and sandals with white socks.
    He dropped some kind of face butter I didn't feel like it but I picked it up and ran over to give it to him.
    Dude got real nervous like something was wrong started run limping around the truck.
    I said "I am not from here you know of a good Mexican place" I don't think he heard me!
    Dude looked like he was mad I just threw the "butter" in his truck and got in the cab and left.
    Strange

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There are strange things done in the Lafayette sun
    By the men who moil for gold;
    The scenic trails have their secret tales
    That would make your blood run cold;

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So I was in Lafayette on a Sunday few weeks ago got plastered the night before looked like s!):t.
    I was still to drunk to drive I had to get to wal mart to get some mouthwash and toothpaste my mouth smell like a Camel crapped in it.
    This dude came out he was about 6ft. 215 walked with a limp wearing a bright a$$ yellow jersey blue jeans and sandals with white socks.
    He dropped some kind of face butter I didn't feel like it but I picked it up and ran over to give it to him.
    Dude got real nervous like something was wrong started run limping around the truck.
    I said "I am not from here you know of a good Mexican place" I don't think he heard me!
    Dude looked like he was mad I just threw the "butter" in his truck and got in the cab and left.
    Strange

A+for+effort+_c5bc61a227acc49940dc6241f906561a.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Strange
    3/10

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    LPD called me Friday. Case not turned over to detectives. Still with patrol officer that took report.

I know what that means. Too bad (not the cop's fault I readily admit). Hope Mopey McMoperson is not out there doing stupid things.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Over the weekend, meditated on this at yoga and martial arts training.

What I did right:

1. Proper response to charge, run into entangling ground, in lieu of attacking into ambush or running across open ground.

2. Proper use of terrain (SUV that he could not climb over) with attacker with muscle powered weapon (or what I thought was).

3. Got my fence up. Hands at wu sao, not at my waist.

4. Proper check on security to watch for flankers. I could hear Clint Smith's voice "Wolves travel in packs!" as it was beaten into my tiny lizard mind.

5. Discipline. Not pulling gun as I could not verify weapon. Did not pull weapon just because I was scared. (I am most proud of this).

6. Proper positioning of target with safer backstop. I sucked him into the cars as I did not want to fire toward the Walmart.

What I did wrong:

1. Took my eye off the ball. Identified threat as he exited cab. Saw him tweaking and remember thinking "man, that's trouble".

Thought I was safe at 60-75 yards and turned back to ride (barn fever) and became scope locked on my vehicle. High as a kite and 25 years younger threat closed the bridge before I realized where he was. I let him get within 10 yards and that was sloppy on my part. (many, many years of martial arts, thousands of hours of gun school [I don't golf] and I almost get caught with my pants down, shameful really).

2. Did not communicate sooner with threat. "Stop! Go Away!"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Over the weekend, meditated on this at yoga and martial arts training.

What I did right:

1. Proper response to charge, run into entangling ground, in lieu of attacking into ambush or running across open ground.

2. Proper use of terrain (SUV that he could not climb over) with attacker with muscle powered weapon (or what I thought was).

3. Got my fence up. Hands at wu sao, not at my waist.

4. Proper check on security to watch for flankers. I could hear Clint Smith's voice "Wolves travel in packs!" as it was beaten into my tiny lizard mind.

5. Discipline. Not pulling gun as I could not verify weapon. Did not pull weapon just because I was scared. (I am most proud of this).

6. Proper positioning of target with safer backstop. I sucked him into the cars as I did not want to fire toward the Walmart.

What I did wrong:

1. Took my eye off the ball. Identified threat as he exited cab. Saw him tweaking and remember thinking "man, that's trouble".

Thought I was safe at 60-75 yards and turned back to ride (barn fever) and became scope locked on my vehicle. High as a kite and 25 years younger threat closed the bridge before I realized where he was. I let him get within 10 yards and that was sloppy on my part. (many, many years of martial arts, thousands of hours of gun school [I don't golf] and I almost get caught with my pants down, shameful really).

2. Did not communicate sooner with threat. "Thats not your purse! I don't know you!"

Fixed

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Lessons learned and the positive far out weigh the negatives. Plus the sharing has helped many of us as well. No plan or execution of a plan is ever going to go perfect. Seems like you have done a lot right and are looking to be better next time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lessons learned and the positive far out weigh the negatives. Plus the sharing has helped many of us as well. No plan or execution of a plan is ever going to go perfect. Seems like you have done a lot right and are looking to be better next time.

Well, truth be told, I am looking for there not to be a next time.:D

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I resurrect this thread because I made this comment:

I find it kind of interesting the guy took a cab to Walmart to mug somebody.

and have since run across this story involving cab as criminal conveyance, via Seraphic Press, quoting from The Duke in His Own Words. Explanatory notes and emphasis added:

On January 3 [1965, still recovering from surgery for lung cancer], just a few days before Wayne left for Durango [to film The Sons of Katie Elder], a burglar broke into the house in Encino. He had taken a cab to the estate before he broke in. Wayne grabbed a loaded .45 and chased the robber out of the house, but then he couldn’t find him. When the police arrived, they found the thief hiding by the basement door. As they were leading him away, the incompetent crook asked Wayne for a favor: would he pay the taxi driver? Wayne told the police to wait, got a $20 bill and gave it to the thief, who gave it to the taxi driver.

Said Wayne: “I felt sorry for the cabbie. The poor bastard’s working the night shift and I thought he might have to cough up the fare himself. Anyway, maybe the whole thing’s symbolic. We’ve decided to sell the house and get out of this sh**hole of a Los Angeles.”

God Bless John Wayne.

Top Bottom