• ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    picture.php

RUGER GP100 Fixed-Sight 4" Revolver in .357 mag.

I picked this up about 4 months ago from a pawnshop in Mississippi, through another website. It only had 'burn marks' around 2 of the 6 cylinder holes...and no 'scratch ring' around the cylinder. I installed the XS Tritium Front Night Sight and everything else is factory. It cruises around in a black Bianchi Ranger, 3-Slot, RH Holster.

With the new front night sight, it's 'dead on' accurate at 12 yards (indoors)...grouping is just under 4" using a 2-hand grip, on a rest, with 158 grain FMJ, shooting SA. I'm pretty happy with this one! I'm guessing this one will stay in my 'keepers' box for a long, long time! :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I hate you. :-)

I sold my 4" blued adjustable sight GP100 late last summer.

I think that I regret that. heh.

congrats!

-J-

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Very nice! I've been interested in a wheel gun for the longest time but haven't yet taken the plunge. I've had my eye out for one just like that; I'd eventually like to shoot some revolver in IDPA or something similar. Thanks for the pics and the report!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have just over four-hundred $$ in it...plus some of the extras! I couldn't pass on the deal! I'd had an adjustable-sight version for several years, which had the larger-sized factory grip on it and I have small hands so this 'compact-sized' grip is much more comfortable for me! I think I grip it a little bit higher up, which drops the center-bore lower in my hand, helping to my hand to absorb recoil better.

I just sold my LCR in .38P+ a week ago...and just found some more .38's in another ammo box last night...so I will be shooting plenty of .38's through it...as will I in his little brother, the SP101! The SP101 is a little more comfortable when shooting .38's!

I'll pass this one on to one of my boys some day...as I will the SP101 to the other son!

Last edited:

The Beaver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I love my 4" GP. Especially after you put a few hundred rounds through it; the trigger is much nicer.

I plan on carrying my GP100 when I get my LTCH but probably only during the cold months. It would be a pain to CC with it in the summer.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    That is one of those designs that the style is timeless. It will always be a working form of art. I have some Smith 357's right now and love the round. When I start branching into the Rugers the GP and the Blackhawk will be my first two. Congrats and enjoy.

Top Bottom