• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You made him cut the grass and you're charging him for the window!?

That was supposed to be in purple right? I'm with Que on both of these, especially if the kid has been told to walk the yard/clear objects before mowing.

Yup. The rock is on you. You are the owner. He could sue you for unsafe working conditions.

As to the iPad, you didn't have insurance? Then that oughta be on you too.

Again, you meant to put that in purple, correct?

Nope........it was in his pack. He should not be throwing the pack down no matter what.

Agreed, definitely a good lesson to teach the kid accountability and responsibility.

My daughter threw a mouse down that then bounced and cracked a laptop screen. I made her pay what a new screen what have cost toward a replacement laptop I picked up on clearance.

Kids need to learn these lessons, and accountability for actions. It would be a better world if all parents taught these lessons.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Kirk lets the kid take the stand:

Abram, did your father teach you not to throw rocks in the yard? Are you the person who threw the rock in the grass? Did... Hey, where are you going?

The iPad was ancient and certainly not valued at $300, but it's just a small lesson for him. Taking $200 from his savings and allowing him to work off the rest is letting him off easy. He wanted to sell his gaming system, but I gave him an escape.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Kirk lets the kid take the stand:

Abram, did your father teach you not to throw rocks in the yard? Are you the person who threw the rock in the grass? Did... Hey, where are you going?

The iPad was ancient and certainly not valued at $300, but it's just a small lesson for him. Taking $200 from his savings and allowing him to work off the rest is letting him off easy. He wanted to sell his gaming system, but I gave him an escape.

Que, YOU, are a GOOD DAD !!!!!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Note to self.

Don't mow Que's yard. Too many rocks and too many windows.

Don't let hubby read this as he may start charging for mower damage.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

This badgering is an outrage!

2011-06-22-Badgering-The-Witness.jpg

This is horrific . . . but I might be persuaded to overlook it if I got just one of these: Turnbull Model 1911 | Gun Categories | Turnbull Manufacturing Company

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Son, we live in a world that has grass, and that grass has to be mowed by boys with mowers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Lafayette Attorney? He has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the window, and you curse the rock. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the boy's mowing, while tragic in this case, probably saved sod. And the rock's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, needed to be removed from the grass. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want that grass mowed, you need that grass mowed.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Son, we live in a world that has grass, and that grass has to be mowed by boys with mowers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Lafayette Attorney? He has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the window, and you curse the rock. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the boy's mowing, while tragic in this case, probably saved sod. And the rock's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, needed to be removed from the grass. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want that grass mowed, you need that grass mowed.

Kirk can't handle the truth!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man that was...............................beautiful.

Top Bottom