• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have seen this episode like yesterday I think and I didn't notice!
    I was impressed that she could manage the recoil but here you obviously see that it's fake.
    Why would they even fake that?
    I have seen the whole show online and noticed other fake things (like always on TV) but missed this one.
    In one episode they use a grenade launcher with "high explosive grenades", and you can clearly see that they shoot blue training rounds and that the explosions are staged.
    I understand that they would do that for safety reasons but for the DE it's clearly just to try to make her look like a badass when she's only shooting a 9mm.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    According to her FB page (yeah, I know) she hurt her wrist when she originally shot it and she didn't want to shoot it anymore. The producers still wanted to capture her shooting so they subbed with that, the mistake was letting it be seen! So she says.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have seen this episode like yesterday I think and I didn't notice!
    I was impressed that she could manage the recoil but here you obviously see that it's fake.
    Why would they even fake that?
    I have seen the whole show online and noticed other fake things (like always on TV) but missed this one.
    In one episode they use a grenade launcher with "high explosive grenades", and you can clearly see that they shoot blue training rounds and that the explosions are staged.
    I understand that they would do that for safety reasons but for the DE it's clearly just to try to make her look like a badass when she's only shooting a 9mm.

Because she is getting paid a lot of money to fake it. After the initial pilot episodes of these "reality" shows are successful, they turn into carefully scripted shows for the ratings, with paid actors just like regular tv.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One other thing that is fake about the show is how they always come up with new already invented designs.

Sons-Of-Guns-Meme.jpg

Like on the "flashlight gun", they find a airsoft version of the Magpul "flashlight gun" and Will says "If we could do like the toy but with a real gun that would be a first".
    He obviously didn't know (or did he?) that the airsoft thing was already a copy of the real deal.

450px-MagpulFMG-9.jpg

They came up with an inferior design and called it a "new" design.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Because she is getting paid a lot of money to fake it. After the initial pilot episodes of these "reality" shows are successful, they turn into carefully scripted shows for the ratings, with paid actors just like regular tv.

The problem is that they are not real actors even if they try to act, half of the time you can tell that there lines sound really fake. :rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So what's real about the show?

Also all their custumers always come like one week before they need their gun done.
    Like a guy just remenbers that he has a competition at the end of the week so they need to fix his gun really quick.
    They never call two weeks before.

I dont even know if they people on the show are real gunsmiths and gun experts.
    When I see that half of the time they dont wear safety glasses or ear protection when they test a gun they just built "for the first time", or when you see that they all have poor trigger discipline.
    I remenber one episode where Will picks up two M16 out of a table, pointed them both at the rest of the crew with both his fingers on the triggers without even checking if any of those guns were loaded.

I would be scared to work around them when I see how they handle guns half of the time.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    not only that but from an engineering/machining stand point.....the crap their "mechanical expert" does.....would NOT take the amount of time and work that they say it does..........a suppressed shotgun had been done before, and internally suppressed AK was an easy enough design for semi experienced gun guy with machining knowledge........this show has been nothing but FAIL IMO.....does nothing but present a bad image to majority of gun owners....what makes it worse is the fact that there are enough gun ignorant people watching it to keep them on the air

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Top Bottom