• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I agree with a lot of the negative comments and opinions toward this show, but if you watch it through the eyes of the average American, it's actually pretty entertaining.

Gee I'm not one of the sheep so its kind of hard to walk a mile in sheep footwear.

djlaundry2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Terre Haute
    My favorite thing which is the most obvious, is when they do something and make you belive its the coolest newest thing out there. Like the shotgun under a AR15 ummmmm lets see that was done in Predator! or like a belt fed weapon in a helicopter! omg that hasnt been done since like the 60s it was called Vietnam! ok RANT over.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My favorite thing which is the most obvious, is when they do something and make you belive its the coolest newest thing out there. Like the shotgun under a AR15 ummmmm lets see that was done in Predator! or like a belt fed weapon in a helicopter! omg that hasnt been done since like the 60s it was called Vietnam! ok RANT over.

I know that pisses me off too. :rolleyes:
    Either this guy doesn't know anything about gun and has no idea what has been made already OR he knows and act like he made up something.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My vote for worst is the shotgun/taser combo. It's a stupid/ dangerous idea, but, to top it off, they bolted a holster to a hacked up piece of steel and they were proud of it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My vote for worst is the shotgun/taser combo. It's a stupid/ dangerous idea, but, to top it off, they bolted a holster to a hacked up piece of steel and they were proud of it.

I agree, plus they already have tasers that can be mounted on guns (usually a non lethal taser shotguns).
    When I saw that I was "What, is that it?" Just a piece of steel?", but I was wrong ... then they painted it black and sold it to the local sheriff for like $3000. :):

All is in the expensive black tactical spray paint they use. ;)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

Thats a fact! I think my 10 year old nephew could have did better. But I will say they are pretty good at using the ol rattle can:rolleyes:

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    It's all the producers of the show. If you read the 2nd link posted on page 1 about the tooth episode, he mentions that Will is under a ton of stress from trying to run a gun shop while these idiot producers run around forcing him to do asinine "builds" to appease themselves. Even the tooth in the gun show was something one of them heard about from another gun shop so they decided to replicate it and Will has to go along with it.

I mean I almost feel bad for him and hopefully he'll do his shows, cash his checks, and get back to building real guns again.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, look at the mess called American Chopper. Rich people trying to make the average "American" feel sorry for them. lol

They should have stuck with building practical bikes, that you and I could afford.

I still like Red Jacket work on AKs. The 1000 yard .308 AK was cool and the RJ staff showed skills in figuring out the timing.

Will was a marine. He knows that the heavy duty military stuff, outside of the basic long arm industry is beyond their capability for now.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's all the producers of the show. If you read the 2nd link posted on page 1 about the tooth episode, he mentions that Will is under a ton of stress from trying to run a gun shop while these idiot producers run around forcing him to do asinine "builds" to appease themselves. Even the tooth in the gun show was something one of them heard about from another gun shop so they decided to replicate it and Will has to go along with it.

I mean I almost feel bad for him and hopefully he'll do his shows, cash his checks, and get back to building real guns again.

Feel bad for him?
    Discovery Channel rebuilt his all store for the show, he's making good money for the show only, plus the guns he sells.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    I said almost, because I'm sure when they pitched this whole ordeal to him he didn't fully understand the amounts of bull**** the producers would push down his throat. Many people who are in these "scripted reality shows" are often led to believe they'll have more creative input in the creation of the shows than they end up with once filming begins.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Your Fault, My Fault, Producers Fault, Nobodys Fault, I don't care. The crap makes the whole show crap. When I first hear about these shows, Sons of Guns, Top Shot, American Guns I like the idea then I see the actual show and for craps sake, what a hot mess. Stop playing to the lowest comic denominator.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Yeah, look at the mess called American Chopper. Rich people trying to make the average "American" feel sorry for them. lol

They should have stuck with building practical bikes, that you and I could afford.

I still like Red Jacket work on AKs. The 1000 yard .308 AK was cool and the RJ staff showed skills in figuring out the timing.

Will was a marine. He knows that the heavy duty military stuff, outside of the basic long arm industry is beyond their capability for now.

Krebs customs did some SVD builds a while back in .308 with kreiger barrels and the RPD, RPK's and other AK actions guns would do just fine at hitting paper at 1000 yards. All he did was put a target barrel on it. nothing really to write home about

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I said almost, because I'm sure when they pitched this whole ordeal to him he didn't fully understand the amounts of bull**** the producers would push down his throat. Many people who are in these "scripted reality shows" are often led to believe they'll have more creative input in the creation of the shows than they end up with once filming begins.

Well he did signed for a season 2 and 3. :dunno:

Maybe he was "tricked" during the first season but nobody forced him to sign for the two others.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    he's getting paid big bucks and his shop is turning into a household name... i don't feel sorry for him at all

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    He didnt have to re-sign those contracts to do other shows. I kinda think he sold out what good name he had before to make a TV brand. Not to say that it would be easy to turn down the money they are paying, but he did have a choice.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    As soon as a 40 -somethin' lady walks in with that gun and says "I really like the gun it's just so big and powerful" - it's over........

Come on! I guess she just likes it's general plinking ability. Or maybe it's her favorite carry gun:dunno:

IMHO they should just give-in and let the comedy take over. Have that exact lady walk in with a freshly stitched vertical gash that runs from between her eyebrows, straight up to the hairline. Then have her say "my husband bought me this gun today but it's a little to much for me". Do you have something a little smaller that I can trade it for?

Now the show is worth watching:rockwoot:

lady.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom